Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AWIMB Bob Dylan suggestions - WES's review

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Please do although I was never a fan of Tangled Up in Blue.

I've got all the main ones, It's All Over Now, Baby Blue, Lay, Lady, Lay, A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall, It Aint Me Babe, All Along the Watchtower plus the obvious Rolling Stone, Times They are a Changing etc
    I'm not really sure how one would go about not being a fan of Tangled Up In Blue, tbh.

I mean, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts aside, there isn't a bad song on the whole album, is there?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm not really sure how one would go about not being a fan of Tangled Up In Blue, tbh.

I mean, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts aside, there isn't a bad song on the whole album, is there?
    I certainly features some top quality nose-singing #adenoidboy

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    If you want the seriously good stuff, I can give you that. I just assumed other people would do it.

I mean, Tangled Up in Blue is pretty good.
    Is this a good time to say that I don't like any Dylan track i have ever heard
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I certainly features some top quality nose-singing #adenoidboy
    Yes. 'Idiot Wind' being the prime example of the Bobular Nasal Art.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I think we'd all assumed you weren't likely to say anything positive, p.

I think we'd all assumed you weren't likely to say anything positive, p.
    Just posted a positive review of Rob Brydon from last night
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Or when, according to the fillum, Morrison says to Manzarek "But I can't sing" to which Manzarek replies "That's ok, nor can Dylan"

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Senor - 6/10, I liked it despite it not being a typical Dylan song, awfully long for a song of this style though

Xmas song - 0/10, frivolous nonsense from Dutchie, to be expected really

Tom Thumb's Blues - 7/10, might be higher soon as I like it more each time I listen to it, surprisingly good recommendation from someone who likes Springsteen

Don't Think Twice, It's All Right - 5/10, bit dull, will need to listen to it more

Simple Twist of Fate - 6/10, it's OK but hasn't blown me away yet, it comes from someone who listens to Weller so has massively exceed my expectations

Desolation Row - 8/10, had forgotten how good this and Highway 61 Revisited generally is

Romance in Durango - 7/10, like Senor not particularly Dylanesque but I liked it

Hurricane - 7/10, good but could end up loving this one so might go higher

Any other recommendations gratefully received.
    From a more modern BD angle I suggest Spirit on the Water from Modern Times.

Well, now that you mention it I may as well say that the problem here is thee notion of the playlist. Dylan should be enjoyed by the album, not some random selection. Blood on the Tracks, Desire, Highway 61, Bringing it all Back Home and most important of all, The Freewheeling Bob Dylan.

Playlists can go whistle. Obviously its fine to skip Lily, Rosemary and the JAck of Hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Well, now that you mention it I may as well say that the problem here is thee notion of the playlist. Dylan should be enjoyed by the album, not some random selection. Blood on the Tracks, Desire, Highway 61, Bringing it all Back Home and most important of all, The Freewheeling Bob Dylan.

Playlists can go whistle. Obviously its fine to skip Lily, Rosemary and the JAck of Hearts.
    In general or simply in relation to this artist / a single artist.

Bit too modern a concept for you Pedro?