Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: AWIMB Bob Dylan suggestions - WES's review

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I don't mind him listening to it as long as it in the right ****ing order.
    I listen to music in no small part to escape reality. I like the tune, the beat, the rhythm - often I enjoy the lyrical skill involved. It takes me to another place where I am at peace.

Trying to decipher a deeper meaning in every song, understanding the relationship between those meanings and then forming a view on the order they should be played such that the overall message is better conveyed are the actions of someone taking music far too seriously.

Basically, Peter, you need a life.

And that Dutchie muppet can f*ck off n all. I was listening to Born to Run when he still had his finger in a dyke.*

*Not really

Hearsay. You heard them say it.
    Very good, minister.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    To be honest I have been the recipient of such heinous and vile abuse over the years on Awimb that your comments wash over me.
    Other than from Dutchie or just him?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Other than from Dutchie or just him?
    Yes, mainly said mongrel.

Were it aimed at a person other than Irish it would lead to censure.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Yes, mainly said mongrel.

Were it aimed at a person other than Irish it would lead to censure.
    Blimey, you don't half moan a lot for a navvie. No offence.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I listen to music in no small part to escape reality. I like the tune, the beat, the rhythm - often I enjoy the lyrical skill involved. It takes me to another place where I am at peace.

Trying to decipher a deeper meaning in every song, understanding the relationship between those meanings and then forming a view on the order they should be played such that the overall message is better conveyed are the actions of someone taking music far too seriously.

Basically, Peter, you need a life.

And that Dutchie muppet can f*ck off n all. I was listening to Born to Run when he still had his finger in a dyke.*

*Not really
    You see, the artist assembles the order for you so you dont have to think about it. Its called an album.

We are hardly talking deep meaning here. Can you not tell what THunder Road is supposed to be? Can you not detect the sense of an ending, a closing, in Jungleland. Jesus, it really isn't rocket science. Its a sense, a feeling, little more depth than that required.

Come on!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Blimey, you don't half moan a lot for a navvie. No offence.
    I believe that the Irish deserve more respect. Even SW.....

You see, the artist assembles the order for you so you dont have to think about it. Its called an album.

We are hardly talking deep meaning here. Can you not tell what THunder Road is supposed to be? Can you not detect the sense of an ending, a closing, in Jungleland. Jesus, it really isn't rocket science. Its a sense, a feeling, little more depth than that required.

Come on!
    *******s, half the order will be decided by the marketing guys nowerdays
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    *******s, half the order will be decided by the marketing guys nowerdays
    The marketing guys?? What sort of music are you talking about here?

You think 'the marketing guys' would have released Nebraska?

Marketing guys

The marketing guys?? What sort of music are you talking about here?

You think 'the marketing guys' would have released Nebraska?

Marketing guys
    Sure, they would. Atlantic City is his finest moment.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."