Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AWIMB Bob Dylan suggestions - WES's review

AWIMB Bob Dylan suggestions - WES's review

Senor - 6/10, I liked it despite it not being a typical Dylan song, awfully long for a song of this style though

Xmas song - 0/10, frivolous nonsense from Dutchie, to be expected really

Tom Thumb's Blues - 7/10, might be higher soon as I like it more each time I listen to it, surprisingly good recommendation from someone who likes Springsteen

Don't Think Twice, It's All Right - 5/10, bit dull, will need to listen to it more

Simple Twist of Fate - 6/10, it's OK but hasn't blown me away yet, it comes from someone who listens to Weller so has massively exceed my expectations

Desolation Row - 8/10, had forgotten how good this and Highway 61 Revisited generally is

Romance in Durango - 7/10, like Senor not particularly Dylanesque but I liked it

Hurricane - 7/10, good but could end up loving this one so might go higher

Any other recommendations gratefully received.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    All Along the Watchtower (Hendrix's version).

Senor - 6/10, I liked it despite it not being a typical Dylan song, awfully long for a song of this style though

Tom Thumb's Blues - 7/10, might be higher soon as I like it more each time I listen to it, surprisingly good recommendation from someone who likes Springsteen

Don't Think Twice, It's All Right - 5/10, bit dull, will need to listen to it more

Simple Twist of Fate - 6/10, it's OK but hasn't blown me away yet, it comes from someone who listens to Weller so has massively exceed my expectations

Desolation Row - 8/10, had forgotten how good this and Highway 61 Revisited generally is

Romance in Durango - 7/10, like Senor not particularly Dylanesque but I liked it

Yes but what about Morrissey's* new song

*to find out who Morrissey is google "Morrissey"

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Yes but what about Morrissey's* new song

*to find out who Morrissey is google "Morrissey"
    I know who Morrissey is. He was with The Smiths.

And The Smiths are the band that someone once described as 'they're the type of band you like until you grow up and realize that they're sh1t'.

Couldn't agree more.

And The Smiths are the band that someone once described as 'they're the type of band you like until you grow up and realize that they're sh1t'.

Couldn't agree more.
    I've got that the wrong way round - I hated them in the 80s and learned to like them much later (which helped when being dragged to see the Smyths tribute band on several occasions and Morrissey himself once

Couldn't agree more.
    Never was a fan of Morrissey, to put it mildly. The flowers-sticking-out-of-his-arse-kunt. He once walked off stage at a festival because he could smell sausages.

Johnny Marr was a good guitarist though.

If you want the seriously good stuff, I can give you that. I just assumed other people would do it.

I mean, Tangled Up in Blue is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Never was a fan of Morrissey, to put it mildly. The flowers-sticking-out-of-his-arse-kunt. He once walked off stage at a festival because he could smell sausages.

Johnny Marr was a good guitarist though.
    It was always the hype around him I hated - speaking of which is this peak NME

http://www.nme.com/news/music/morris...-tweet-2142367

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    It was always the hype around him I hated - speaking of which is this peak NME

http://www.nme.com/news/music/morris...-tweet-2142367

Nothing much seems to have changed there over the last 30 years.

Apart from having to give it away, of course. But even that's not such a bad thing if you are George Osborne.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    If you want the seriously good stuff, I can give you that. I just assumed other people would do it.

I mean, Tangled Up in Blue is pretty good.
    Please do although I was never a fan of Tangled Up in Blue.

I've got all the main ones, It's All Over Now, Baby Blue, Lay, Lady, Lay, A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall, It Aint Me Babe, All Along the Watchtower plus the obvious Rolling Stone, Times They are a Changing etc