Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This is a breathtaking example of lefty irresponsibility, fed by slobs who refuse

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I think perhaps it's that I can't understand the buzz. With all the chemical vices, I can at least get how the outlay/reward dynamic works. You're getting something for your money. Gambling just seems a bit abstract to me. To me it seems like giving someone the money for a couple of grammes of coke and there only being a slim chance he's actually going to give it to you.

Like I say, I don't understand the high.
    The high isn't the money. Its the achievement of being right, beating the odds, having the balls to back your judgement. I guess you dont understand that because you dont need gambling to convince you that you are always right- you just know it

Hence I can understand betting on the horses, blackjack, poker. I cant understand fruit machines or games of pure chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I suppose if we had had to give over 850 billion in public money to the feckless individuals to bail them out we probably would blame them rather the banks.
    True, except that the feckless individuals weren't capable of solving the problem so instead we gave* it to the banks instead because they were.

*except that we didn't give it to the banks, did we?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    True, except that the feckless individuals weren't capable of solving the problem so instead we gave* it to the banks instead because they were.

*except that we didn't give it to the banks, did we?
    I wasnt suggesting that give it to anyone. I would have told the banks to go **** themselves. Debt widely instantly- now that is a revolution...

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I wasnt suggesting that give it to anyone. I would have told the banks to go **** themselves. Debt widely instantly- now that is a revolution...
    Me too

There is certainly no consensus that the banks actually needed to be saved. That was a political decision.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Me too

There is certainly no consensus that the banks actually needed to be saved. That was a political decision.
    HBOS would have failed if Lloyds hadn't been pressured to take it over.. and if you think the largest mortgage lender crashing wouldn't have had an even bigger impact on the markets you would be living in la la land
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar