Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: This is a breathtaking example of lefty irresponsibility, fed by slobs who refuse

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Much like the 2008 crash, actually.

How many times have we seen the accusation of 'irresponsible lending' leveled against banks without ever seeing the corresponding allegation of 'irresponsible borrowing' being leveled against the individuals who borrowed money they could not pay back?

Institutions are easy targets you see, individuals - especially the disadvantaged - less so.
    I suppose if we had had to give over 850 billion in public money to the feckless individuals to bail them out we probably would blame them rather the banks.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I suppose if we had had to give over 850 billion in public money to the feckless individuals to bail them out we probably would blame them rather the banks.
    True, except that the feckless individuals weren't capable of solving the problem so instead we gave* it to the banks instead because they were.

*except that we didn't give it to the banks, did we?

True, except that the feckless individuals weren't capable of solving the problem so instead we gave* it to the banks instead because they were.

*except that we didn't give it to the banks, did we?
    I wasnt suggesting that give it to anyone. I would have told the banks to go **** themselves. Debt widely instantly- now that is a revolution...

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I wasnt suggesting that give it to anyone. I would have told the banks to go **** themselves. Debt widely instantly- now that is a revolution...
    Me too

There is certainly no consensus that the banks actually needed to be saved. That was a political decision.

Me too

There is certainly no consensus that the banks actually needed to be saved. That was a political decision.
    HBOS would have failed if Lloyds hadn't been pressured to take it over.. and if you think the largest mortgage lender crashing wouldn't have had an even bigger impact on the markets you would be living in la la land
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar