Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Politically-motivated bumming

Politically-motivated bumming

One wonders whether the Swedes are trying a bit too hard to shake off the boring tag?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-41277540

Wtf? Big lad too...can't tell me he just bent over and took it without a fight

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Wtf? Big lad too...can't tell me he just bent over and took it without a fight
    I'm calling bullshīt, tbh. Mind you, there was the case in Norway where the bloke got bummed by a Somalian and then said he felt guilty about it because the poor chap would have to go back to Somalia.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...r-Somalia.html

Scandies are getting weirder by the moment imo.

Loooooool sympathy bummage

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Loooooool sympathy bummage
    I love the silhouette image they've used for the attacker. Surely even the Daily Mail knows Somalians don't look like that?

2B27D19E00000578-3528236-Nordal_Hauken_s_attacker_was_jailed_for_4_5_years_and_then_depor-m-30_1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    One wonders whether the Swedes are trying a bit too hard to shake off the boring tag?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-41277540
    Interesting that he decided to come out with this a few days before the church elections

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Interesting that he decided to come out with this a few days before the church elections
    Are you saying that in Sweden, a male politician claiming to have been unwillingly arse-fùcked could actually win him votes?

If so, Sweden is properly fùcked in the head.

Are you saying that in Sweden, a male politician claiming to have been unwillingly arse-fùcked could actually win him votes?

If so, Sweden is properly fùcked in the head.
    Not win him votes but the Swedish Democrats were making a big push to win mandates in the church elections and there's been a concerted effort by the rest to get people out and voting to stop the Swedish Democrats from gaining a lot of power within the church (turnout is traditionally low in the church elections but this year it was the biggest turnout since the 50s).

The story is basically bad publicity for the Swedish Democrats. While not named anyone who is not an SD voter will automatically assume the person who did it was an SD supporter or held similar views i.e. anti immigration, anti feminism etc. It could've encouraged people to go out and vote and stop them gaining power within the swedish church.

Fwiw, the church elections aren't really important in the grand scheme of things but the church is quite wealthy (has assests of around £3bn and also 5.2m members who get taxed around 1% of their earnings every year) and those elected onto the church councils have a say in how the money is spent. So for example SD were for spending the money on christian refugees struggling around the world and allowing individual churches to still have a say on whether they marry same sex couples or not, while the lefties are for enforcing same sex marriages on all the churches and using the money on all refugees. Just an example there of a few issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Not win him votes but the Swedish Democrats were making a big push to win mandates in the church elections and there's been a concerted effort by the rest to get people out and voting to stop the Swedish Democrats from gaining a lot of power within the church (turnout is traditionally low in the church elections but this year it was the biggest turnout since the 50s).

The story is basically bad publicity for the Swedish Democrats. While not named anyone who is not an SD voter will automatically assume the person who did it was an SD supporter or held similar views i.e. anti immigration, anti feminism etc. It could've encouraged people to go out and vote and stop them gaining power within the swedish church.

Fwiw, the church elections aren't really important in the grand scheme of things but the church is quite wealthy (has assests of around £3bn and also 5.2m members who get taxed around 1% of their earnings every year) and those elected onto the church councils have a say in how the money is spent. So for example SD were for spending the money on christian refugees struggling around the world and allowing individual churches to still have a say on whether they marry same sex couples or not, while the lefties are for enforcing same sex marriages on all the churches and using the money on all refugees. Just an example there of a few issues.
    Gosh. Church elections, eh? Who knew?

The SD are interesting, though. Their roots were as a hard-right fascist organisation, but they've actually cleaned up their act and become largely respectable, I understand.

fwiw, I don't believe this bloke got bummed by a Nazi for a moment.

Gosh. Church elections, eh? Who knew?

The SD are interesting, though. Their roots were as a hard-right fascist organisation, but they've actually cleaned up their act and become largely respectable, I understand.

fwiw, I don't believe this bloke got bummed by a Nazi for a moment.
    The general election is next year. Unless something dramatically changes it's looking like SD will be the second biggest party with around 20% of the vote. They'll still get frozen out though by the other parties. Current polls suggest the red green parties will win again and the alliance parties will miss out. They'd be in power if they decided to enter dialogue with SD who in return would give them their support in parliament, but they refuse to do this on the basis of not wanting to be associated with them. Cutting their nose off to spite their face really. All a bit silly when their political views are mostly the same apart from SD being a bit more anti-immigrant.