Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did 50 Cologners really try to 'storm' the turnstiles on thursday?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I believe they spent the day drinking strong Belgian beer.

It was a football trip after all.
    Precisely.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    One thing I would say is that I think the club and the police dealt with a potentially very difficult situation admirably. That could have got very nasty. That it didn't was pretty impressive.

Not a very controversial thing to say, but there you go.
    Some of the tweets from fans in the ground were quite funny. The usual lot going on about 'feeling unsafe and intimidated' and 'will somebody think of the children'. Then a good few saying 'what's the problem, they are singing, shaking people's hands and supporting their team. Go and say hello, they are a decent bunch'.....

I can understand people feeling a little intimidated but this wasnt Millwall. They weren't in the home enclosures to cause trouble, they were there because it was the only way of getting in.

The cultural insensitivities are the fact our grandfathers will be spinning in

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    The vast majority of them just wanted to watch their first game in Europe for 25 years. It was a cup final for them. I gather that mixed crowd sections are not unusual in Germany, so getting hold of tickets and memberships to get seats anywhere, would not seem wrong to them. They have been guilty perhaps of cultural insensitivity, not understanding that we expect fans to be segregated.
    their graves like Catherine Wheels to see twenty thousand square headed ****s march unopposed onto sacred English soil.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    their graves like Catherine Wheels to see twenty thousand square headed ****s march unopposed onto sacred English soil.
    They are weird, aren't they. Marching through London with drums and a bloke at the front with a megaphone. All rather embarrassing. Looked like a school trip for retards.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    They are weird, aren't they. Marching through London with drums and a bloke at the front with a megaphone. All rather embarrassing. Looked like a school trip for retards.
    It's what they do, p. It's a cultural thing.

koln.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    The cultural insensitivities are the fact our grandfathers will be spinning in their graves like Catherine Wheels to see twenty thousand square headed ****s march unopposed onto sacred English soil.
    You got me thinking there, Herbs. Around which axis* do the dead spin, when viewed length-ways from the side? I used to imagine them spinning around the x axis, which was an uncomfortable thought as the coffin, soil and neighbouring graves would be in the way. But if they spin around the y axis, as if turning on a spit, they can do that without leaving their coffin. z axis is right out, as apart from the same problems as the x axis, their heads might poke up out of the ground once per revolution. That would be weird.

*Did you see what I did there? Axis. Ha ha.