Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A corner turned or papering over the cracks?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A corner turned or papering over the cracks?

You decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You decide.
    A decent performance Dutch, disciplined. Ultimately a little flat as 0-0 draws go but we move on.

Interesting in as much that the performance was managed in the absence of our two wantaway superstars.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    A decent performance Dutch, disciplined. Ultimately a little flat as 0-0 draws go but we move on.

Interesting in as much that the performance was managed in the absence of our two wantaway superstars.
    A man of the match performance from Aaron playing at 10, I understand.

wd ar.

Neither, it was the performance that this team is capable of and probably not much more.

We aren't good enough to challenge for the league but we are good enough to grind out a 0-0 away from home against one of the teams that is, provided we play sensibly as we did yesterday.

On another note, now that he isn't ours, surely we can admit what an appalling little c*nt of a player your little Catalan bezzie is? I was tempted to put my fist through the screen when the balding, shark faced little weasel ran 20 yards to scream at Oliver to give Mustafi a second yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Neither, it was the performance that this team is capable of and probably not much more.

We aren't good enough to challenge for the league but we are good enough to grind out a 0-0 away from home against one of the teams that is, provided we play sensibly as we did yesterday.

On another note, now that he isn't ours, surely we can admit what an appalling little c*nt of a player your little Catalan bezzie is? I was tempted to put my fist through the screen when the balding, shark faced little weasel ran 20 yards to scream at Oliver to give Mustafi a second yellow.
    I only watched the first 8 minutes. In that period I saw us caught on the counter twice, very nearly caught out by a short corner twice in a row in the same way and watched us give the ball away in our own half under no pressure. Then my stream broke which came as something of a relief.

Still, Ramsey eh?? Man of the match I hear. Must have been a ****ing awful match

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I only watched the first 8 minutes. In that period I saw us caught on the counter twice, very nearly caught out by a short corner twice in a row in the same way and watched us give the ball away in our own half under no pressure. Then my stream broke which came as something of a relief.

Still, Ramsey eh?? Man of the match I hear. Must have been a ****ing awful match
    Miserable ****

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Miserable ****
    This is the thing about not watching the game- you dont really have any cause to be happy or miserable. Its lovely.

Great result and I am told a really good performance. Well done lads

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

That from Alan Smith, hardly an in depth thinker.

He wasn't MOTM (that was Mustafi or Kos or maybe even Hector imo) and yes, he was only marginally better from a positional sense than he was at Liverpool. The difference was that Hector and Kolasinac were much better defensively than Hector and Ox and Iwobi and Welbeck worked their arses off so as a team we were much more compact. We looked like we were going to lose badly for about the first 10 minutes but then settled down and played much better, I think we edged it overall.

He wasn't MOTM (that was Mustafi or Kos or maybe even Hector imo) and yes, he was only marginally better from a positional sense than he was at Liverpool. The difference was that Hector and Kolasinac were much better defensively than Hector and Ox and Iwobi and Welbeck worked their arses off so as a team we were much more compact. We looked like we were going to lose badly for about the first 10 minutes but then settled down and played much better, I think we edged it overall.
    Poor old Wellbz. Looks like another long spell on the sidelines which is a great shame. Even though his finishing is normally ****ing awful he certainly gets through some work.

Kos for me, although Xhaka would also be in with a shout