Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A corner turned or papering over the cracks?

we weren't carrying players yesterday...same as the semi final and the cup final

Ox cost us points with his drama this season and maybe hit away games we don't start Ozil.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I think City will be in the mix. Actually, funny thing to say as they won 4-0 but I thought United were fairly unimpressive yesterday (and the United fans I was sitting voiced the same opinion). Second half they lost control of the game but sadly Everton were as toothless as a Scouse granny so beloved of Rooney. And Ashley Williams is an utter ****
    I havent watched them this season but they seemed to be installed as favourites before anyone had kicked a ball. The Mourinho Factor, I believe this is called.

I didn't want to jinx it before the game but Wenger seems to have the indian sign somewhat over Conte - we've been the better team in four out the five games we've played against them. Is our passed-it, senile etc etc manager outwitting the fiery Italian?
    Well I am not sure I believe in such occult style phenomena but he has a very good record (W3,D1,L1???).

Brave picks by AW yesterday in leaving out Sanchez given the backlash to his tactical omissions at Anfield. Had we lost you know the media would have gone for that and created stories of background unrest etc. Now playing 5 defenders in defensive roles, and crucially playing them where they are accustomed to play, and screened by two midfield footballers then yesterday is what should be expected so while I am more than gracious in awarding him credit it is something we need to see repeated and consistent.

I think Conte got it wrong yesterday as they looked a lot better when Bakayoko came on, as and when Hazard is fully fit then he takes Fabregas place and it is one from Willian and Pedro who both were very average. Their relative lack of summer spending sees them lag behind the Manchester duo.

Miserable ****
    This is the thing about not watching the game- you dont really have any cause to be happy or miserable. Its lovely.

Great result and I am told a really good performance. Well done lads

I think City will be in the mix. Actually, funny thing to say as they won 4-0 but I thought United were fairly unimpressive yesterday (and the United fans I was sitting voiced the same opinion). Second half they lost control of the game but sadly Everton were as toothless as a Scouse granny so beloved of Rooney. And Ashley Williams is an utter ****

Visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I only watched the first 8 minutes. In that period I saw us caught on the counter twice, very nearly caught out by a short corner twice in a row in the same way and watched us give the ball away in our own half under no pressure. Then my stream broke which came as something of a relief.

Still, Ramsey eh?? Man of the match I hear. Must have been a ****ing awful match
    That from Alan Smith, hardly an in depth thinker.

He wasn't MOTM (that was Mustafi or Kos or maybe even Hector imo) and yes, he was only marginally better from a positional sense than he was at Liverpool. The difference was that Hector and Kolasinac were much better defensively than Hector and Ox and Iwobi and Welbeck worked their arses off so as a team we were much more compact. We looked like we were going to lose badly for about the first 10 minutes but then settled down and played much better, I think we edged it overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You decide.
    I think Mustafi is still celebrating

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Visionary.
    Pep played Sterling, Aguero, De Bruyne, Jesus and Silva and still had Sane, Gundogan and Da Silva (wonderful player) on the bench.

Why on earth was he after Sanchez?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    That from Alan Smith, hardly an in depth thinker.

He wasn't MOTM (that was Mustafi or Kos or maybe even Hector imo) and yes, he was only marginally better from a positional sense than he was at Liverpool. The difference was that Hector and Kolasinac were much better defensively than Hector and Ox and Iwobi and Welbeck worked their arses off so as a team we were much more compact. We looked like we were going to lose badly for about the first 10 minutes but then settled down and played much better, I think we edged it overall.
    Poor old Wellbz. Looks like another long spell on the sidelines which is a great shame. Even though his finishing is normally ****ing awful he certainly gets through some work.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Visionary.
    It's Monday morning, sw