Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: A corner turned or papering over the cracks?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    What did you have for lunch?
    Carbonara and chicken Milanese.

I still think the pasta dish should be second but apparently this against the law of Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I wonder if Alexis would laugh at his own team missing chances he perceives as easy (see Lacazette's miss and subsequent hysterics) if he'd gone to City?
    Jeez, Rich, I suggest you watch what happened rather than read The Telegraph. He was laughing because in the excitement he hit Ospina in the face (lightly) and was trying to apologise whilst laughing about it. Had absolutely nothing to do with the miss

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Jeez, Rich, I suggest you watch what happened rather than read The Telegraph. He was laughing because in the excitement he hit Ospina in the face (lightly) and was trying to apologise whilst laughing about it. Had absolutely nothing to do with the miss
    Hadn't read that - did seem a bit odd

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Hadn't read that - did seem a bit odd
    Of course that clearly doesn't fit the Sanchez hates being at Arsenal agenda

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I only watched the first 8 minutes. In that period I saw us caught on the counter twice, very nearly caught out by a short corner twice in a row in the same way and watched us give the ball away in our own half under no pressure. Then my stream broke which came as something of a relief.

Still, Ramsey eh?? Man of the match I hear. Must have been a ****ing awful match

To be fair, for the first 10-12 minutes, it looked like more of the same. you could only see Chelsea scoring and running out comfortable winners. After that, we got a foot hold in the game, created 2 reasonable chances very quickly and never looked back. Lacazette should have scored when the ball rebounded off the post but apart from Pedro running through and fluffing his lines, Chelsea never really looked like scoring.

The 2 moments of the match for me were when Kolasinac got a yellow for halting a Chelsea counter and Bellerin doing exactly the same thing 2 minutes later. We are often guilty of not committing those kinds of fouls.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    To be fair, for the first 10-12 minutes, it looked like more of the same. you could only see Chelsea scoring and running out comfortable winners. After that, we got a foot hold in the game, created 2 reasonable chances very quickly and never looked back. Lacazette should have scored when the ball rebounded off the post but apart from Pedro running through and fluffing his lines, Chelsea never really looked like scoring.

The 2 moments of the match for me were when Kolasinac got a yellow for halting a Chelsea counter and Bellerin doing exactly the same thing 2 minutes later. We are often guilty of not committing those kinds of fouls.
    Hector breaking up a counter attack by running behind the player on the ball and putting two hands in his back before shoving him over made me laugh out loud.

Well done Hector.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Hazard could have been stopped scoring last year in this manner. Perhaps we have learned from that.

That's the 3rd in a row in a Arsenal Chelsea game.
    strangely it's all for them lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    That's the 3rd in a row in a Arsenal Chelsea game.
    strangely it's all for them lately.
    Seven reds in the last seven matches between these two clubs, including Costa's retrospective.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Seven reds in the last seven matches between these two clubs, including Costa's retrospective.
    Hang on if Costa's retrospective is included then shouldn't Gabriel's not count then? That's a minefield, a