Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A corner turned or papering over the cracks?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Poor old Wellbz. Looks like another long spell on the sidelines which is a great shame. Even though his finishing is normally ****ing awful he certainly gets through some work.
    I'd have him in the team over Alexis too. As you say, does not stop running. He encourages others (rather than putting them down).

Hopefully we'll **** Alexis out of the window in Jan and bring Lemar in.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Well I am not sure I believe in such occult style phenomena but he has a very good record (W3,D1,L1???).

Brave picks by AW yesterday in leaving out Sanchez given the backlash to his tactical omissions at Anfield. Had we lost you know the media would have gone for that and created stories of background unrest etc. Now playing 5 defenders in defensive roles, and crucially playing them where they are accustomed to play, and screened by two midfield footballers then yesterday is what should be expected so while I am more than gracious in awarding him credit it is something we need to see repeated and consistent.

I think Conte got it wrong yesterday as they looked a lot better when Bakayoko came on, as and when Hazard is fully fit then he takes Fabregas place and it is one from Willian and Pedro who both were very average. Their relative lack of summer spending sees them lag behind the Manchester duo.
    Technically w2 d2 l1 in the record books and penalty wins don't count. But spot on on Bakayoko. Missing Costa and Hazard massively, and only the latter will be back. Morata was quite easily handled by Mustafi - didn't help himself by going to ground at any contact. Was surprised Iwobi started ahead of other option ie Walcott but he actually worked much harder than I expected even if he was lacking a bit of inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You decide.
    I didn't watch it properly. I had people over for lunch so I had to sneak it on and leave it on mute.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    That from Alan Smith, hardly an in depth thinker.

He wasn't MOTM (that was Mustafi or Kos or maybe even Hector imo) and yes, he was only marginally better from a positional sense than he was at Liverpool. The difference was that Hector and Kolasinac were much better defensively than Hector and Ox and Iwobi and Welbeck worked their arses off so as a team we were much more compact. We looked like we were going to lose badly for about the first 10 minutes but then settled down and played much better, I think we edged it overall.
    Kos for me, although Xhaka would also be in with a shout

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Pep played Sterling, Aguero, De Bruyne, Jesus and Silva and still had Sane, Gundogan and Da Silva (wonderful player) on the bench.

Why on earth was he after Sanchez?
    Indeed, it is quite ridiculous and part of me wishes he had got the small Chilean so I could see what his plan was. One would have to think that after a small period of so-called acclimatisation (not weather wise) the lad Bernardo Silva will play each week, he is simply too good not to.

Gundogan also, simply brilliant footballer though his injuries leave more scope for him missing out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I didn't watch it properly. I had people over for lunch so I had to sneak it on and leave it on mute.
    What did you have for lunch?

Indeed, it is quite ridiculous and part of me wishes he had got the small Chilean so I could see what his plan was. One would have to think that after a small period of so-called acclimatisation (not weather wise) the lad Bernardo Silva will play each week, he is simply too good not to.

Gundogan also, simply brilliant footballer though his injuries leave more scope for him missing out.
    I wonder if Alexis would laugh at his own team missing chances he perceives as easy (see Lacazette's miss and subsequent hysterics) if he'd gone to City?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I wonder if Alexis would laugh at his own team missing chances he perceives as easy (see Lacazette's miss and subsequent hysterics) if he'd gone to City?
    I have no idea what you are on about.

I have no idea what you are on about.
    When Ramsey hit the post and the ball bounced up to Lacazette who missed the empty net, the cameras panned around to the Arsenal bench. Players and staff alike were off their seats, head in hands. The exception here was Alexis who instead slapped Ospina on the back and laughed heartedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    What did you have for lunch?
    On Saturday, I made Albondigas, tortilla, fried Padron peppers, ribs with a sherry glaze, chicharrones and gambas al ajillo.

Love a tapas, but cooking six different dishes to produce simultaneously is a pain in the hole.