Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Triple G vs Canelo Alvarez, who ya got?

Triple G vs Canelo Alvarez, who ya got?

Golovkin didn't look too great in his last fight. People forget he fought 500 fights as an amateur, which is not a low number. You'd favor Golovkin but it'll be interesting. Canelo is no Mexican't.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    Golovkin didn't look too great in his last fight. People forget he fought 500 fights as an amateur, which is not a low number. You'd favor Golovkin but it'll be interesting. Canelo is no Mexican't.
    http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...is-predictions

GGG power and precision is too good.

When he lands its always clean and full time if power.

Canelo is awesome but how long can he go before one of TripleGs bombs land?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    GGG power and precision is too good.

When he lands its always clean and full time if power.

Canelo is awesome but how long can he go before one of TripleGs bombs land?
    The narrative over here, and maybe they're trying to build drama, is that triple G has lost something, his edge. Went the distance vs Jacobs and didn't look that good. I guess we'll see. Big Mexican contingent here in LA, so this will be a live one.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    The narrative over here, and maybe they're trying to build drama, is that triple G has lost something, his edge. Went the distance vs Jacobs and didn't look that good. I guess we'll see. Big Mexican contingent here in LA, so this will be a live one.
    Ridiculous. A draw was a total fix. The one judge going 118-110 for Canelo needs to be kicked out of the sport.

Money talks up in here. Total BS.

I laid off my TripleG bet after R9

Felt the fight was close...had GGG winning but it's Vegas so he could've easily been well behind. Also felt whoever won the last 3 rounds might win the fight. Canelo won 12 but I wasnt sure on 10 and 11 because as per the other rounds they were razor tight.

But I still thought GGG won.

I joked with some friends that it wouldn't surprise if the judges had Canelo up 8-4 or 9-3. I didn't expect 10-2.

Adelaide Byrd hang your head in shame. Why is a woman scoring men's fights???especialy one as big as this?

Felt the 115-113 GGG score was on point. 114-114 draw was also extremely plausible but 118-110???? Wtf

I laid off my TripleG bet after R9

Felt the fight was close...had GGG winning but it's Vegas so he could've easily been well behind. Also felt whoever won the last 3 rounds might win the fight. Canelo won 12 but I wasnt sure on 10 and 11 because as per the other rounds they were razor tight.

But I still thought GGG won.

I joked with some friends that it wouldn't surprise if the judges had Canelo up 8-4 or 9-3. I didn't expect 10-2.

Adelaide Byrd hang your head in shame. Why is a woman scoring men's fights???especialy one as big as this?

Felt the 115-113 GGG score was on point. 114-114 draw was also extremely plausible but 118-110???? Wtf
    100%. Canelo did some nice stuff and he came back strong in the final rounds. Triple G was fierce in rounds 3-9.

Canelo's big mistake for me was not going to the body more. I think it was in round 6 or 7 when GGG was swarming he caught him in the liver and GGG took a step back and winced.

But he was probably a little concussed at that stage.

Canelo's big mistake for me was not going to the body more. I think it was in round 6 or 7 when GGG was swarming he caught him in the liver and GGG took a step back and winced.

The commentators kept harping on why Triple G wasn't going to Canelo's body. Said that he was overly respectful of Canelo's counterpunching. It's like Triple G took a few rounds to get into it. He hadn't been on that type of stage before. Only when he was like, now I have to go for it, did he go in there and start jacking on Canelo.

Good fight though man! I want the rematch. A worthy successor to Klitschko - Joshua.

Tony C you are everywhere I mean you are present in maximum threads ....