Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arsenal charged for last night....

Arsenal charged for last night....

Cologne and Arsenal charged by Uefa after crowd control problems
    53 minutes ago From the sectionEuropean Football
    Share this page
    Arsenal v Cologne
    Police formed a line inside Emirates Stadium as the match between Arsenal and Cologne was delayed by an hour
    Cologne and Arsenal have both been charged by Uefa following incidents during Thursday's Europa League match.

The German club face four charges, including crowd disturbances and setting off fireworks while the Gunners face a charge over blocked stairways.

The game was delayed by more than an hour as thousands of away fans arrived at Emirates Stadium without tickets.

About 20,000 Cologne fans turned up in London despite the German club being given a ticket allocation of 2,900.

This case will be dealt with by the Uefa Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body on 21 September.

Uefa charges:

Cologne

• Crowd disturbances

• Setting off fireworks

• Throwing of objects

• Acts of damage

Arsenal

• Stairways blocked in away supporters sector

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Cologne and Arsenal charged by Uefa after crowd control problems
    53 minutes ago From the sectionEuropean Football
    Share this page
    Arsenal v Cologne
    Police formed a line inside Emirates Stadium as the match between Arsenal and Cologne was delayed by an hour
    Cologne and Arsenal have both been charged by Uefa following incidents during Thursday's Europa League match.

The German club face four charges, including crowd disturbances and setting off fireworks while the Gunners face a charge over blocked stairways.

The game was delayed by more than an hour as thousands of away fans arrived at Emirates Stadium without tickets.

About 20,000 Cologne fans turned up in London despite the German club being given a ticket allocation of 2,900.

This case will be dealt with by the Uefa Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body on 21 September.

Uefa charges:

Cologne

• Crowd disturbances

• Setting off fireworks

• Throwing of objects

• Acts of damage

Arsenal

• Stairways blocked in away supporters sector
    Hang on, Koln buy home end tickets from touts and clamber past stewards into away end. Stairways then blocked due to overcrowding.

Can someone explain what Arsenal FC were supposed to do about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    errrrr, not let tickets get into the hands of touts?

Especially at that number...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Hang on, Koln buy home end tickets from touts and clamber past stewards into away end. Stairways then blocked due to overcrowding.

20,000 fans in town at 2pm, someone should have thought "hang on, they've only got an allocation of 3,000, we're going to have problems here" is what I suppose will be levelled at the club

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    errrrr, not let tickets get into the hands of touts?

Especially at that number...
    Touts cannot account for thousands surely, the lads on Avenell Road and Drayton Park who kindly offer to “buy or sell any spare tickets”. There is normally 5-10 of them, even if their numbers multiplied that is impressive business by them.

I read earlier about a spike in club memberships originating from Germany. Now it was in a Guardian piece which at other times was a little silly so not sure how much faith to put in it.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Touts cannot account for thousands surely, the lads on Avenell Road and Drayton Park who kindly offer to “buy or sell any spare tickets”. There is normally 5-10 of them, even if their numbers multiplied that is impressive business by them.

I read earlier about a spike in club memberships originating from Germany. Now it was in a Guardian piece which at other times was a little silly so not sure how much faith to put in it.
    I read something from Arsenal that said tickets could not be purchased with memberships bought after the fixtures were announced?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    20,000 fans in town at 2pm, someone should have thought "hang on, they've only got an allocation of 3,000, we're going to have problems here" is what I suppose will be levelled at the club
    That really seems to be an issue for the Met, to me.

There is no way there were 15000 tickets available for sale from tours and fans

Basically barged their way in...pretty incredible they played the game knowing there was 15000+ extra people there.

I read something from Arsenal that said tickets could not be purchased with memberships bought after the fixtures were announced?
    These are Germans though. The bigwigs at Köln's firm would've simply had a friendly word with their counterparts at Bayern and Dortmund etc.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    agreed. however, you can still see a block of 20 or so, rafter-photographing Chinese tourists sat together at every home game. Including Category A games. How the **** does that happen? Unless the club turn a blind eye to it.

Though, even at Club Level, the club are happy for a different person to sit in the seat each match.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”