Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: We forgive players anything in return for goals, don't we?

  1. #1

    We forgive players anything in return for goals, don't we?

    Especially great goals.

    But fck me, Sanchez was dreadful last night. Was he doing it on purpose?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Especially great goals.

    But fck me, Sanchez was dreadful last night. Was he doing it on purpose?
    Very much a victim of the summer shenanigans. Every poor performance and misplaced touch the subject of over analysis.

    I even made a comment last night that I thought he looked mighty pissed off in the pre-match pitch line up. He probably didn’t, just his normal facial expression.

    Still, should have sold him.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Very much a victim of the summer shenanigans. Every poor performance and misplaced touch the subject of over analysis.

    I even made a comment last night that I thought he looked mighty pissed off in the pre-match pitch line up. He probably didnt, just his normal facial expression.

    Still, should have sold him.
    My judgement has nothing to do with the events of the summer, sw. Giving the ball away is a standard part of his game, but last night, Jesus Holy Christ. He might as well have been playing for them.

    Useless.

  4. #4
    Dreadful and pissed off he still scored the second and had a huge hand in the third. Without his contirubtions we wouldn't have won.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    My judgement has nothing to do with the events of the summer, sw. Giving the ball away is a standard part of his game, but last night, Jesus Holy Christ. He might as well have been playing for them.

    Useless.
    Well indeed he has always given the ball away more than the normal amount (for us), his other brilliance allowed him to get away with this in the the eyes of most fans.

    This year I expect leniency will be less forthcoming.

  6. #6
    Senior Member PSRB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    11,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Dreadful and pissed off he still scored the second and had a huge hand in the third. Without his contirubtions we wouldn't have won.
    I don't know, young Jack was magnificent in his 20 minute cameo. We were cutting them apart at will towards the end

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I don't know, young Jack was magnificent in his 20 minute cameo. We were cutting them apart at will towards the end
    I really hope we keep him, offers something most other players don't..... with the slack we cut Diaby i feel it would be wise to TRY to get him to sign a contract
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I don't know, young Jack was magnificent in his 20 minute cameo. We were cutting them apart at will towards the end
    Classiest player on the pitch from the moment he ran on. Given the events of the past 12 months, almost any other player I can think of would have been lashing at a ball rolled to him along the 18 yard, imagining it nestling in the top corner; Wilshere stepped over it and created a goal.

  9. #9
    Senior Member PSRB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    11,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Classiest player on the pitch from the moment he ran on. Given the events of the past 12 months, almost any other player I can think of would have been lashing at a ball rolled to him along the 18 yard, imagining it nestling in the top corner; Wilshere stepped over it and created a goal.
    Walcott, who'd been fairly terrible, actually did a very good job with that control and shot. The offside was finish was very good as well. Still think he offers something, but from the bench

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Very much a victim of the summer shenanigans. Every poor performance and misplaced touch the subject of over analysis.

    I even made a comment last night that I thought he looked mighty pissed off in the pre-match pitch line up. He probably didn’t, just his normal facial expression.

    Still, should have sold him.
    I thought the same thing. I don't think he hides his emotions well. He was poor last night but one can hardly say he lacked effort. The number of over-hit passes is as symptomatic of a player almost trying too hard rather than one not trying at all

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •