Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We forgive players anything in return for goals, don't we?

This Arsenal team is simply fragile on confidence and lack leadership. In the first half we were poor, the minute the Kola volley went in they all switched on and realised they were a far better team, even with the current malaise, than the other lot.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Walcott, who'd been fairly terrible, actually did a very good job with that control and shot. The offside was finish was very good as well. Still think he offers something, but from the bench
    Actually I was quite impressed that Theo shrugged off the 39 offside decisions and continued to play off the defender's shoulder as, presumably, instructed. Shame that bad decision by the lino went against him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Actually I was quite impressed that Theo shrugged off the 39 offside decisions and continued to play off the defender's shoulder as, presumably, instructed. Shame that bad decision by the lino went against him.
    I can imagine a fair few armchair fans being shut up when the commentator pointed out that he scored 19 goals last season. More than AOC in 6 years

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I can imagine a fair few armchair fans being shut up when the commentator pointed out that he scored 19 goals last season. More than AOC in 6 years
    I think he's an easy target because he's so... nice.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Well indeed he has always given the ball away more than the normal amount (for us), his other brilliance allowed him to get away with this in the the eyes of most fans.

This year I expect leniency will be less forthcoming.
    Which is why I have always been so surprised that Pep wanted him.

He'd drive the skinny Catalan chap mental I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Which is why I have always been so surprised that Pep wanted him.

He'd drive the skinny Catalan chap mental I reckon.
    Agreed. You never quite know with Manchester City though; with all that money, they could afford to just use Alexis as an impact sub, or something like that.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Agreed. You never quite know with Manchester City though; with all that money, they could afford to just use Alexis as an impact sub, or something like that.
    That would be funny. Worth selling him just to watch that happen imo.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Indeed, hugely intriguing to see how he would be used given the players they already have to leave out of the starting 11 and the obvious fact that one more player would have to miss out to incorporate the Chilean.

The obvious one is Aguero, but then he is Aguero.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Very much a victim of the summer shenanigans. Every poor performance and misplaced touch the subject of over analysis.
    I dunno. If Eboue had been playing like that he'd have got the hook at half time. Of course, Eboue didn't have that goal in his locker, and the whole team was rubbish in the first half.