Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 20,000 screaming Krauts?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Really?
    I'm guessing. I had some smug Bayern fans next to me during our last humiliation. I got a bit cross.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Fairly sure the Saxe-Coburgs had it all sewn up some time ago. No need for an invasion
    Here we go, Lord Haw Haw's in.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Fairly sure the Saxe-Coburgs had it all sewn up some time ago. No need for an invasion
    Germans were the largest immigrant group in the mid 19th century, I read recently. That would have been my ancestor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    On one of the many occasions that we were muellered by Bayern recently we were drinking afterwards in the Tollington, with all their coaches parked on the road outside. We were expecting to get bantered off by them as they boarded their coaches but suddenly the coaches were no longer there. Not a peep out of them as they politely took their allocated seats and slithered gracefully off into the night.

Whereas the Galatsaray fans chucked flares at us.
    A Bayern Munich fan celebrating a win over Arsenal would be like us celebrating winning the Carling Cup.

#Monty

Germans were the largest immigrant group in the mid 19th century, I read recently. That would have been my ancestor.
    Fifth columnist.

They're everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Fifth columnist.

They're everywhere
    I'm surprised the name survived tbh. Many of the Kraut-descendants in East London had to change their surnames during WW1 to avoid getting their heads kicked in.

A Bayern Munich fan celebrating a win over Arsenal would be like us celebrating winning the Carling Cup.

#Monty

They're a miserable ****ing lot though. I'll often get the train home in the opposite direction from their hordes of fans. Even after a comfortable win they'll be as sullen as ****. Actually got on the train with them once after they beat Hamburg 7-0. Only lad smiling on the entire carriage was a Hamburg fan

I'm surprised the name survived tbh. Many of the Kraut-descendants in East London had to change their surnames during WW1 to avoid getting their heads kicked in.
    It's not obviously German, though. Just a bit foreign.

When English teams play in Europe the fans usually gather in the a city square type.

Where to the foreign fans meet when they come to London? Trafalgar square? if so bad choice there isn't any streetside cafes with crap chairs to fling about or stabby fellas on mopeds.

The stabby fellas are down the road outside Buckingham Palace.

#Monty
    gpwm

Though having lost two of the damn things in the last decade I would be quite pleased if we actually won it next time we get to the final.