Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So Jean-Claude Juncker has said that he wants the expansion of Schengen, the euro to

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Well the advent of Qualified Majority Voting put paid to any idea that the Council of Ministers exerts ultimate control over the Commission, I'm afraid. And, of course, the veto is a weapon used more in threat than reality, so it's something of a paper tiger. Equally, since the Commission is the only body capable of proposing legislation, they do have rather a lot of influence over the direction of travel. It is therefore highly disingenuous to pretend that the mission statement of the ideologically-driven body that controls the legislative direction of the EU is anything but highly significant.

But as I say - and this is where the real disingenuousness is at play - this is not news. The EU have their mission of a borderless, centrally-controlled, united European superstate literally written on the walls of their buildings in Strasbourg and Brussels. To pretend the EU was ever anything else or ever had any other intention was the single greatest lie the British political class has ever perpetrated.
    Yeah but you say that like it is a bad thing

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    You do realize that this is the intellectual equivalent of the Remainers making the assumption that all the most dire consequences of Brexit will be realized and then using that assumption as a basis for criticizing it?

Why lower yourself to their level?
    But anyway, as I keep pointing out, none of this has anything to do with you. Kindly keep your foreign hooter out of our English business.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    But anyway, as I keep pointing out, none of this has anything to do with you. Kindly keep your foreign hooter out of our English business.
    I thought you were Dutch, b is Irish and La is a nomad??
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I thought you were Dutch, b is Irish and La is a nomad??
    I'm as English as you. More so, actually, because I hail from our great capital, not some mosquito-infested northern bog.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I'm as English as you. More so, actually, because I hail from our great capital, not some mosquito-infested northern bog.
    You are about as English as Haggis imo... just look at your name, you are a Dutchy and lucky to be allowed to stay here
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    be compulsory, an end to vetoes and an EU army.

So in other words, an EU that it would be utterly impossible for the U.K. ever to rejoin even in the highly unlikely event that we wanted to?

Decent of him to settle things for us like that. Maybe we can all stop bickering about it now and move on?

Yeah...... that isn't actually what he said though, is it.

I cant see a reference to compulsory euro or a specific reference to an EU army. Or the end of vetoes.

Anyway, all of those are excellent ideas....