Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So Jean-Claude Juncker has said that he wants the expansion of Schengen, the euro to

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I thought you were Dutch, b is Irish and La is a nomad??
    I'm as English as you. More so, actually, because I hail from our great capital, not some mosquito-infested northern bog.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Not true. The European chattering classes loved Obama.
    They love me, too, but that has nothing to do with me being an American (I'm not).
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    They love me, too, but that has nothing to do with me being an American (I'm not).
    Obama was POTUS. If all Brits disliked all Americans he would have been loathed as the representative of all things US.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Obama was POTUS. If all Brits disliked all Americans he would have been loathed as the representative of all things US.
    I see what you mean, but this is slightly different; one is simply not allowed to dislike darkies.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I'm as English as you. More so, actually, because I hail from our great capital, not some mosquito-infested northern bog.
    You are about as English as Haggis imo... just look at your name, you are a Dutchy and lucky to be allowed to stay here
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pokster View Post
    you are about as english as haggis imo... Just look at your name, you are a dutchy and lucky to be allowed to stay here

hate crime!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    You are about as English as Haggis imo... just look at your name, you are a Dutchy and lucky to be allowed to stay here
    Easy now, Poks. My German ancestor pitched up in Whitechapel in about 1830 and I have his name.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Errr, you realise that this stuff was said by the President of the EU Commission, right? In his State of the Union address? This is not conjecture or alarmism, this is the direction of travel desired at the highest level of the EU. Will all of it happen? Probably not. Will some of it happen? Yes, absolutely. Could we ever rejoin the EU if any of it happened? No, absolutely not.
    Despite the fact that you never stop going on about how undemocratic the EU is, it is a democratic body even if it isn't as democratic (for good reasons) as some would like it to be. The President of the EU Commission can think whatever he likes, unless Merkel et al (and that et al would include the British Prime Minister if we were staying in the EU) agree to it, it isn't going to happen.

We have no idea where the EU is really going over the next 5-10 years, there are simply too many variables and too many unknowns. To attempt to predict the direction and then use that prediction as a basis for the argument that Leave was correct is no different than someone assuming that the British economy will go in the toilet post Brexit and therefore criticizing the result of the referendum.

Both are intellectually disingenuous.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

hate crime!
    But you will be allowed to stay here, as we are sych a loving nation.

WES can **** right off though. Yanks go home
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I see what you mean, but this is slightly different; one is simply not allowed to dislike darkies.
    No-one really likes Adebayor tbf.