Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So Jean-Claude Juncker has said that he wants the expansion of Schengen, the euro to

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Actually not really, or not any more. Merkel's dislike of Trump has had her questioning whether Europe can rely on the US and the US are more interested in the Far East than Europe at the moment.

Plus our Turkish allies are now buying Russian hardware.

All which goes to show there is a divergence between EU and NATO interests.
    Nothing to do with the Donald, imo. He's really only marginally less popular than any other American president there's ever been, so far as I can judge. Overall, we simply don't like Americans.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Not true. The European chattering classes loved Obama.

Not true. The European chattering classes loved Obama.
    They love me, too, but that has nothing to do with me being an American (I'm not).
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    They love me, too, but that has nothing to do with me being an American (I'm not).
    Obama was POTUS. If all Brits disliked all Americans he would have been loathed as the representative of all things US.

Obama was POTUS. If all Brits disliked all Americans he would have been loathed as the representative of all things US.
    I see what you mean, but this is slightly different; one is simply not allowed to dislike darkies.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I see what you mean, but this is slightly different; one is simply not allowed to dislike darkies.
    No-one really likes Adebayor tbf.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    No-one really likes Adebayor tbf.
    I've heard nothing of him for years, to be honest. Who does he play for nowadays?