Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The chefs who work on hotel omelette stations irritate me

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Soz Charles, with Mrs WES and the two junior WESs being English you simply can't get rid of me.

In fact, all that stands between me, citizenship and a British passport is me getting off my arse and about £400.

£400 to be British does seem awfully expensive, though.
    Far cheaper to be Irish though

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    You'd think the Irish would pay us.

Costs about a grand to become Irish.

Even though you would still never be accepted as Irish.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Costs about a grand to become Irish.

Even though you would still never be accepted as Irish.
    Ah - I miswrote. I have been an Irish citizen since birth I just have never had a passport. Having been in West Cork recently, I imagine this is not an uncommon thing. I have both my parents' birth certificates to prove it, even if my father's looks like it was written in felt tip on a pig farm (which in essence it was)

Ah - I miswrote. I have been an Irish citizen since birth I just have never had a passport. Having been in West Cork recently, I imagine this is not an uncommon thing. I have both my parents' birth certificates to prove it, even if my father's looks like it was written in felt tip on a pig farm (which in essence it was)
    I rather resent them co-opting my citizenship without my permission. Where my parents were born is hardly my fault, after all and I certainly want no part of their ghastly country. Am I allowed to renounce this so-called 'citizenship' somehow?

I was in Clonakilty on the Friday and Saturday, I believe you arrived on the Monday?

Close escape really.

Were you born in the Emerald Isle ?
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I was in Clonakilty on the Friday and Saturday, I believe you arrived on the Monday?

Close escape really.
    Tuesday in fact - I rather liked the place. Basically pissed from about an hour after I got there to the minute I got on the plane at Dublin airport on Sunday. I was in actually in your fair city for the Stoke game - shame it was all so rushed or you could have come up and been rude to me and not bought me a drink

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Were you born in the Emerald Isle ?
    No but both my parents were which is good enough for citizenship. Apparently you only need one but that sounds a bit common - and tbf where I was born in London it was more Irish than English anyway