Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Salisbury Review

Salisbury Review

Just discovered this delightful, mind-expanding publication. I'm assuming it is required reading amongst certain esteemed AWIMB elders?

http://www.salisburyreview.com/

Love the editor's bio:

Myles Harris is the editor of The Salisbury Review. Well struck in years, he remembers when hangings were announced in received English by a man wearing a bow tie on the BBC Home Service, midwives rode bicycles, Lady Almoners looked after the deserving poor in hospitals and children were separated by the 11 plus into sheep and goats. Since then except for painless dentistry, he has seen little improvement.

Deserving poor ... heh

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Arrowhead View Post
    Just discovered this delightful, mind-expanding publication. I'm assuming it is required reading amongst certain esteemed AWIMB elders?

Love the editor's bio:

Myles Harris is the editor of The Salisbury Review. Well struck in years, he remembers when hangings were announced in received English by a man wearing a bow tie on the BBC Home Service, midwives rode bicycles, Lady Almoners looked after the deserving poor in hospitals and children were separated by the 11 plus into sheep and goats. Since then except for painless dentistry, he has seen little improvement.

Deserving poor ... heh
    Great victory the other day, sir, against the detested Patriots.

Love the editor's bio:

Deserving poor ... heh
    God no, we're all raving Commies these days, chief. Other opinions are streng verboten by the kinder, caring politics of Corbynism.

Victory to the proletariat!

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    Great victory the other day, sir, against the detested Patriots.
    Yes, that was fun wasn't it? I was on a beach vacation and received many kudos as I strolled the beach in my Chiefs hat! As if I did it...

Everyone hates the Pats and Brady these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    God no, we're all raving Commies these days, chief. Other opinions are streng verboten by the kinder, caring politics of Corbynism.

Victory to the proletariat!
    Perhaps, but at times AWIMB can be a lone interweb outpost reflecting a more civilised, orderly time. Like a sentry in Rangoon circa 1942.

Perhaps, but at times AWIMB can be a lone interweb outpost reflecting a more civilised, orderly time. Like a sentry in Rangoon circa 1942.
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    Yup.
    It's probably the nicest thing anyone's ever said about us, isn't it.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."