Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Talking of Oktoberfest and whatnot, I'm enjoying a litre stein at the airport

Talking of Oktoberfest and whatnot, I'm enjoying a litre stein at the airport

This is good because a) big beer = happy Berni and b) I don't have to get up to go to the bar again, but the downside is that lifting the fûcking thing is properly effort. When drinking beer one shouldn't have to exercise one's bicep this much, surely?

Can you just sort-of tilt it towards you on its fulcrum and pour the beer into your mouth that way?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Can you just sort-of tilt it towards you on its fulcrum and pour the beer into your mouth that way?
    Yes, but it's an uncomfortable experience, a. I'm thinking of asking for a straw, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes, but it's an uncomfortable experience, a. I'm thinking of asking for a straw, tbh.
    I dislike it as well b. Particularly on a hot summer's day when it gets warm by the time you get to the bottom. A pint is definitely the right amount for a decent drink. Which beer have you got?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I dislike it as well b. Particularly on a hot summer's day when it gets warm by the time you get to the bottom. A pint is definitely the right amount for a decent drink. Which beer have you got?
    Also, the glass is too thick.

They seem such a good idea at the time, though, don't they?

This is good because a) big beer = happy Berni and b) I don't have to get up to go to the bar again, but the downside is that lifting the fûcking thing is properly effort. When drinking beer one shouldn't have to exercise one's bicep this much, surely?
    Airports. ****ing dreadful places.

Also, the glass is too thick.

They seem such a good idea at the time, though, don't they?
    Yep - sometimes they are just right, most of the time they are just a hassle

I remember when we visited, the glw tried 1 stein and gave it to me half way through as she got fed up trying to lift it.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I remember when we visited, the glw tried 1 stein and gave it to me half way through as she got fed up trying to lift it.
    They do sort of the women from the boys, so to speak

Slip hand through handle with thumb over the top, lift stein and drink...simples!

I go to Oktoberfest every few years so I've had plenty of practice.