Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I watched a little of West Ham Huddersfield last night.

I watched a little of West Ham Huddersfield last night.

A little was all I could manage. My word.

If we were playing like that I'd happily join a Wenger Out march. It was rather nice to be reminded of just how good we are, in the scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

If we were playing like that I'd happily join a Wenger Out march. It was rather nice to be reminded of just how good we are, in the scheme of things.
    I used to enjoy watching random games like this. Used to be exciting but not much these days I think the standard has dropped.

I like the good old days where Middlesbrough played exciting games but lost every week.

I'm not sure that sort of thing is good for your health. Mind you, I watched two episodes of Ben Elton's Upstart Crow, so in the grand scheme you might have won here

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I used to enjoy watching random games like this. Used to be exciting but not much these days I think the standard has dropped.

I like the good old days where Middlesbrough played exciting games but lost every week.
    I still like such random games if they're not in London. I like to imagine what it's like being the big number 9 at Norwich or Exeter City, going down to Cinderella Rockefeller's on a Saturday night, into the VIP area behind the velvet rope, all the girlies wide-eyed with excitement. Proper local hero ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I'm not sure that sort of thing is good for your health. Mind you, I watched two episodes of Ben Elton's Upstart Crow, so in the grand scheme you might have won here
    Two episodes??

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I saw 30 seconds of that.

Fúcke. Me.

I listened to it on the radio during a long drive. THe commentators kept going on about what a dreadful game it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I listened to it on the radio during a long drive. THe commentators kept going on about what a dreadful game it was.
    Being in a nostalgic frame of mind, i was amazed to calculate that it is 20 years since Slaven Bilic left West Ham for Everton. There was a short-lived chat show on TV at the team featuring football personalities taking questions from the audience, and I distinctly remember a West Ham fan pleading with him not to go to Everton because, "they ain't no better than us" and he "deserved better".

20 years, my word. Before Arsene's first double. Before events in New York made the world a harsher, more cynical place. Just about the same time the tragic election of Blair ripped the heart and guts from the once great country.

To be fair you would expect us to be a lot better than either of the sides involved.

It is our size, stature and I suppose wealth that in turn causes frustration when we appear to be silly.

Now, I watched a NFL documentary and then a silly detective program.

Being in a nostalgic frame of mind, i was amazed to calculate that it is 20 years since Slaven Bilic left West Ham for Everton. There was a short-lived chat show on TV at the team featuring football personalities taking questions from the audience, and I distinctly remember a West Ham fan pleading with him not to go to Everton because, "they ain't no better than us" and he "deserved better".

20 years, my word. Before Arsene's first double. Before events in New York made the world a harsher, more cynical place. Just about the same time the tragic election of Blair ripped the heart and guts from the once great country.
    Before there were any muslims an all that