Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone confirm if it's true that Il Bacio has closed down?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Are there special leather pants for the outfit?

I'd imagine leather could be quite chafing.
    There's all sorts of weirdness involved. I've been told by one expert that you have to get the Lederhosen tight so to avoid "looking as if you have just shat yourself"

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Well I've been invited to the Anstich - the tapping of the barrel for Oktoberfest. I could just wear a T-shirt and jeans but I would appear rather rude. Beside chicks love it
    Right. You basically just have to think of it as fancy dress, in a very good cause.

Costs a bloody fortune though, considering it's supposedly peasant, or farm worker, attire. And as for the dirndl. Well ..
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Right. You basically just have to think of it as fancy dress, in a very good cause.

Costs a bloody fortune though, considering it's supposedly peasant, or farm worker, attire. And as for the dirndl. Well ..
    Thank god for TK Maxx

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Well I've been invited to the Anstich - the tapping of the barrel for Oktoberfest. I could just wear a T-shirt and jeans but I would appear rather rude. Beside chicks love it
    Quite sure Sir C will lecture you on what is expected from an Englishman abroad and all that.

People died, and indeed voted for Brexit, to stop this type of messing.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Quite sure Sir C will lecture you on what is expected from an Englishman abroad and all that.

People died, and indeed voted for Brexit, to stop this type of messing.
    Well, quite. I'd be inclined to wear the uniform of a group captain in Bomber Command. Circa 1944. Just to remind the cheeky fúckers who they're dealing with.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Everything changes. I hate change. I mean, it was shíte after the Poles took over, but still.

Used to get in there for 12 on a matchday. A Bloody Mary for the hangover, a bottle of Montepulciano and a pizza and in the Woodbine for 1. Good timez.
    Hope so, it was pretty **** and more importantly, it represented a decay in the match day experience of the time.

There was a time when it was all blokes in the Woodbine getting hammered and talking rubbish about the football (mostly Anaconda, of course) which was a proper pre-match experience.

Then certain people began inviting their birds along and the next thing you know half the people are sat in a dodgy Italian ordering risotto.

It was the beginning of the end imo.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Hope so, it was pretty **** and more importantly, it represented a decay in the match day experience of the time.

There was a time when it was all blokes in the Woodbine getting hammered and talking rubbish about the football (mostly Anaconda, of course) which was a proper pre-match experience.

Then certain people began inviting their birds along and the next thing you know half the people are sat in a dodgy Italian ordering risotto.

It was the beginning of the end imo.
    Don't worry, WES. We could still hear what you were saying from the other side of the Blackstock Road.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Don't worry, WES. We could still hear what you were saying from the other side of the Blackstock Road.

If you were honest, Burney, you would admit that every minute in Il Bacio was a minute not in the pub and it irked you.

I know this because you told me so.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Jesus, la. That's distressing on a number of levels, from the spiritual to the aesthetic.

I demand you post pics, though, obvs.
    of the chicks, clearly!

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

If you were honest, Burney, you would admit that every minute in Il Bacio was a minute not in the pub and it irked you.

I know this because you told me so.
    It did sometimes because I'd just be getting a nice hangover-recovery buzz on and then have to decamp to the restaurant to eat food

However, this did probably save me from becoming extremely drunk pre-game. Indeed, I remember one such occasion where I did get absolutely broken at the Woodbine on a combination of no sleep, Sir C's medicaments and far, far too much ale and ended up staggering down the Blackstock Rd.