Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Tony Gale has outdone himself here.

Tony Gale has outdone himself here.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    I'll be interested to see if that Manchester City keeper still fancies it up him, after this. That'll be the real test.

He was always going to have to wear a few, wasn't he, with the way he plays and with that defence. Young Sadio may have done the league a big favour there.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Mane was reckless but I can't help thinking the keeper needs to take some responsibility.

It's no different to when Diaby went all Jet Li on John terry...if you charge in all reckless and stick your head where it shouldn't be then it's partly your fault.

It's a red card for Mane but don't feel anything for the keeper tbhwu

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I'll be interested to see if that Manchester City keeper still fancies it up him, after this. That'll be the real test.

He was always going to have to wear a few, wasn't he, with the way he plays and with that defence. Young Sadio may have done the league a big favour there.
    It wasn' that bad in the end, dangerous play and all that but the keeper was up and mooching around the stadium in the second half.

He may not be able to play tomorrow night if there was any real head injury but no long term issue.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    It wasn' that bad in the end, dangerous play and all that but the keeper was up and mooching around the stadium in the second half.

He may not be able to play tomorrow night if there was any real head injury but no long term issue.
    I mean mentally though. Mentally, in his mind.

It'll be like Stuart Broad all over again. They say he's never been the same since Verun knocked his block off with a bouncer; still has nightmares about it. More importantly though, nowadays, he backs away from the short ball, making it easier to get him out.

When we play City, Mesut will be sandwedging balls over the top and the goalie may fill his trousers as he spies #Welbz charging in with his boots flying, leaving open goal tap-ins for the new bug #tactics
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I mean mentally though. Mentally, in his mind.

It'll be like Stuart Broad all over again. They say he's never been the same since Verun knocked his block off with a bouncer; still has nightmares about it. More importantly though, nowadays, he backs away from the short ball, making it easier to get him out.

When we play City, Mesut will be sandwedging balls over the top and the goalie may fill his trousers as he spies #Welbz charging in with his boots flying, leaving open goal tap-ins for the new bug #tactics
    Listened to Swanny on TMS on the whole Broad thing, he said same thing happened to him, so he just became a happy hooker and got very good at it......it was the straight ball that did for him

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Listened to Swanny on TMS on the whole Broad thing, he said same thing happened to him, so he just became a happy hooker and got very good at it......it was the straight ball that did for him
    Yes, I heard that. All you really want is to create that split second of doubt in their minds; you don't want to injure them, you just want to score, or get them out, as the case may be. It's a test of the individual's mentality. Broady was actually a very dangerous lower order bat, before he wore one.