Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice for the Doncaster game

Quote Originally Posted by NZgunner View Post
    I'm taking the boy (10 years old) to the mid-week game against Doncaster.

We've got tickets in the upper tier, block 114.

It's a 19.45 pm kick-off, so what time do you reckon we should aim to get to the stadium (we'll be coming up the Piccadilly Line and getting off at Arsenal station)?

We're on holiday so can get there at any time.
    It can take ages to get in the ground these days with security checks. Especially if the gate you are queueing for is staffed by a man who likes to spend plenty of time sexually assaulting each of his victims, as was the case in my queue on saturday. I was wondering how many times he had to run his hands up and down my thighs before deciding that there was no bomb there.

Your son will be ok though, as they are only allowed to sexually assault adults.

There are seperate queues for people with bags, which have to be emptied out onto a table, so you might be unlucky enough to witness some smelly antipodean packbacker's underpants.

So get there a lot earlier than the few minutes before that some have suggested.

Thanks everyone.

Even though it is only the Carabao Cup, the last time I saw the Arsenal in person was from the North Bank back in 1991 - a 2-2 draw with Citeh - so I'm pretty excited.

Quote Originally Posted by NZgunner View Post
    Thanks everyone.

Even though it is only the Carabao Cup, the last time I saw the Arsenal in person was from the North Bank back in 1991 - a 2-2 draw with Citeh - so I'm pretty excited.
    Enjoy your trip, old chap. Hope they put on a decent show for you.

Order the Chicken Balti Pie when you're there

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Is Desh still open on Highbury Park?

It is a little pokey and spit and sawdust standard, but did a mean Chicken Bengal... and you could take your own booze in
    I'm a Yildiz man myself.