Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok I'll admit it. I am actually looking forward to watching these Europa league games

Ok I'll admit it. I am actually looking forward to watching these Europa league games

chance to see some different players and some different teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    PLAY PAT RICE SAMMY NELSON - two players for the price of one

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Good man, Pat.

There's no point in us all moaning about the repetitive familiarity of the CL if we can't get a little tingle of interest in something different. Tomorrow night we are playing a side in their first European competition for 25 years. Apparently 20,000 heavily armed* Germans will be invading North London just to add to the fun.

We might even see Per Mertesacker play football again. Possibly a glimpse of the less-spotted Debuchy or the new Sammy Nelson.

*I may have made that bit up.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    PLAY PAT RICE SAMMY NELSON - two players for the price of one
    gpmw. It is written in the stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Good man, Pat.

There's no point in us all moaning about the repetitive familiarity of the CL if we can't get a little tingle of interest in something different. Tomorrow night we are playing a side in their first European competition for 25 years. Apparently 20,000 heavily armed* Germans will be invading North London just to add to the fun.

We might even see Per Mertesacker play football again. Possibly a glimpse of the less-spotted Debuchy or the new Sammy Nelson.

Plus they are sort of fun as if we lose we lose. Bit like the league cup.
    I think we may do quite well in it.

Good man, Pat.

But surely we're just replacing one grindingly tedious and bloated European competition with another, lower-quality one? Hardly cause for celebration imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    But surely we're just replacing one grindingly tedious and bloated European competition with another, lower-quality one? Hardly cause for celebration imo.
    Maybe it's a curse that we need to win the Europa league before we can ever win the Champions league.
    also Wenger needs a League cup win to get his magic ways back.

Not so much celebration as looking on the bright side of life.

So when you're chewing no life's gristle
    Daaaahhhn't gwumble, give a whistle!
    And this'll help things turn out for the best ....

Of course, but that's just modern football, innit. There's so much money about that almost anyone you can think of wants to get their cut of it; hence more and more tedium and bloat, as you call it.

The good thing about the Europa League though, is that we can simply focus on being one of the real favourites and concentrate on actually winning it, without having to bang on about financial doping and FFP and the Tiredness and whatnot.

If Wenger has anything at all left, this competition really ought to bring out the very best in us.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Not so much celebration as looking on the bright side of life.

So when you're chewing no life's gristle
    Daaaahhhn't gwumble, give a whistle!
    And this'll help things turn out for the best ....
    Dancing on the streets of Lyon in May? All that sausage and wine and Cervelle de canut? Formidable!
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."