Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Kilbane questions whether Bellerin is good enough for Arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    It seems that just about any 'journyman pro' is transformed into a technical wizard when striding amongst mere mortals. Clearly the game at That Level is harder than it looks.
    That's right. It's like playing football with your 4-5 year-old sons.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    To be fair to ZK more than a few questions have been raised about the young Spaniard of late.

Wenger chose to play AOC ahead of him you may recall.

Or, alternatively, Wenger felt that Bellerin is so much better than our other left backs, Wenger played Bellerin there.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Wash your mouth out pal.

ZZ was a legend, I could watch him all day long and I will have you know I know a lad who plays 5 a side the odd time with ZK and by all accounts it is near impossible to get the ball off the fúcker.
    No offence, of course, but if Zidane played for us, he'd be Aaron Ramsey. A hundred or so goals, wasn't it? For the world's best player? An attacking midfielder? We'd be better off with Frank Lampard.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

You are helping to fill the Jorge-shaped hole in our lives. Footballistically, of course.
    Thank you.

I think.

It seems that just about any 'journyman pro' is transformed into a technical wizard when striding amongst mere mortals. Clearly the game at That Level is harder than it looks.
    Well it is vitally important to accept and realise just how good these lads are, even the **** ones.

I played with and against quite a few lads who were at various times employed by clubs, but of course did not ultimately make it (the ones in the UK that is, I would play with some ex-LOI players here from time to time).

Even then they stand out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    I kid you not.
    Bellerin is the defending equivalent of Theo Walcott - lot's of pace with average technical ability...and he's a very average defender.

If Barca want to pay £30m+ for him then I'll personally drive him to the airport
    Last edited by Bergkamp Was Best; 09-12-2017 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    That's right. It's like playing football with your 4-5 year-old sons.
    My 6 yr old must be ZZ then... or i am just too old to get it off him
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    My 6 yr old must be ZZ then... or i am just too old to get it off him
    You're obviously too old, and dare I say it, too rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    You're obviously too old, and dare I say it, too rubbish.
    Not in my head I'm not...... I'd rather believe he is brilliant and that he will become a world star... i, obviously, will be a pushy parent who tells every youth coach that they are crap and he should be the star player.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Well it is vitally important to accept and realise just how good these lads are, even the **** ones.

I played with and against quite a few lads who were at various times employed by clubs, but of course did not ultimately make it (the ones in the UK that is, I would play with some ex-LOI players here from time to time).

Even then they stand out.
    the less famous BiL is still ridiculously good, even with a ****ed knee