Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Much better performance. I put it down to the lack of an

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    It's more irritating but probably less consequential when it comes to winning the league, 6 pointers and all that.

Not that anyone with an active brain pattern thinks that we have any intention of winning the league, of course.

I still find it staggering that there has been as little consternation as there has been about us turning a profit in the transfer window while - allegedly - intending to catch teams that finished ahead of us and are spending 100mil+.

Apathy, I suppose, we've been here too many times to care.
    Also at least partly an acknowledgement that the gap between us and them is as much about the manager/coaching as it is the players. In other words, we could spend 200 million on four great players and it would not address many of the problems. Good money after bad.

Still, Lacazette looks quite good. Wellbeck still pretty ****. His first goal was a classic

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    No point really, or at least nothing to be gained from it. Apathy, yes.

Our perceived best player wants to leave, one midfield injury has now left us with backup consisting of two players both of whom we were willing to allow leave the club in the summer and in defence have a player who apparently both wanted to leave the club and also the club were more than happy to facilitate as they were unhappy with his form since joining.

I believe the term is “not ideal” however best to just stumble through until January. It is just a pity and clearly a PL vendetta against us that we cannot play Bournemouth each week.

We both know that come next May we are likely to finish somewhere between positions 3-6 which is about correct when all is taken into account.
    Actually, our recent Leicester City mantra, coupled with our repudiation of FFP, is a positive step, in that regard. It could finally be an appreciation that it's the players we have, playing properly, that's going to win us the league, rather than 100 million pound signings.

Not that this is actually news to anyone, of course, but we have rather allowed ourselves to get carried away with the influence of money lately, haven't we
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Actually, our recent Leicester City mantra, coupled with our repudiation of FFP, is a positive step, in that regard. It could finally be an appreciation that it's the players we have, playing properly, that's going to win us the league, rather than 100 million pound signings.

Not that this is actually news to anyone, of course, but we have rather allowed ourselves to get carried away with the influence of money lately, haven't we
    Well unfortunately such is the way of modern football.

Where one identifies an issue or weakness in a team or squad one addresses it by one of two methods – internal solutions or purchases. I doubt many supporters really have a lot of faith in the former as below 1-11 we are really quite average, mediocre even.

Debuchy, Chambers, Elneny, Wilshere, Walcott ……… none really options to warm the cockles. Actually to be fair I am unsure what exactly Elneny has done, or not done, to be so apparently far off the radar.

Where one identifies an issue or weakness in a team or squad one addresses it by one of two methods – internal solutions or purchases. I doubt many supporters really have a lot of faith in the former as below 1-11 we are really quite average, mediocre even.

Debuchy, Chambers, Elneny, Wilshere, Walcott ……… none really options to warm the cockles. Actually to be fair I am unsure what exactly Elneny has done, or not done, to be so apparently far off the radar.
    As P says, that's the manager's job. If you don't want or can't get Carvalho, then just stick any of our surplus backs or midfielders in there and make it work
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

The bigger issue comes when the real weakness is the manager and not the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    He is fine as long as the game is one where we are in such command that his rightful place is hovering around the final third. Its only where a game demands a degree of positional responsibility, awareness and, dare I say it, actual midfield play, that he becomes an utter liability. In other words, this coming week at Chelsea.

Any other manager would change the central midfield for the Chelsea game. Wenger will pick Xhaka and Ramsey as long as they are fit and we know exactly what will happen.
    Well, Richie Richardson refused to tamper with his bowling attack to take unhelpful conditions into account, arguing that as professionals, there's no such thing as unhelpful conditions; they demand to play every game and they still had to perform and do their jobs and win regardless of the conditions, or even the opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Also at least partly an acknowledgement that the gap between us and them is as much about the manager/coaching as it is the players. In other words, we could spend 200 million on four great players and it would not address many of the problems. Good money after bad.

Still, Lacazette looks quite good. Wellbeck still pretty ****. His first goal was a classic
    His 2nd though, was borne of the confidence from the 1st, imo

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    His 2nd though, was borne of the confidence from the 1st, imo
    Yes, maybe, a very, very, very good finish either way.

Or would you put a teeny bit of blame on the keeper?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Yes, maybe, a very, very, very good finish either way.

Or would you put a teeny bit of blame on the keeper?
    :monty:

No
    Wellbz hit it first time right in the far corner
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    :monty:

No
    Wellbz hit it first time right in the far corner
    It was like Thierry.