Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Much better performance. I put it down to the lack of an

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Kol Ass In Ack

Nice to see the little fat fella running about a bit but obviously we were much better with #welbz on the pitch.
    Imagine if #Welbz scored 25 or more league goals this season.

Just imagine..
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yes, we're a decent side really but the trouble with losing 4-0 is that weak people imagine it means you're going to lose every game 4-0.
    I don't think many thought that, red. Not outside of the Arsenal TV crew, anyway.

I do think an awful lot of people found more evidence that we'll lose to all the top sides, though. And that those games are unlikely to be close affairs. And to be fair, there is plenty of evidence over the past few years to think that that is correct, the 4-0 battering aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    In the paper they said it was a mixture of cheers and boos. And people called him fat.
    This ^^^^^^^^

I believe the above is a standard internet reponse showing both agreeement and also verification that the original statement was correct.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    This ^^^^^^^^

I believe the above is a standard internet reponse showing both agreeement and also verification that the original statement was correct.
    I also noted that Ramsey's display was described as 'masterful'.

Fine, fine footballer, young Aaron.

I also noted that Ramsey's display was described as 'masterful'.

Fine, fine footballer, young Aaron.
    Sunday Times???

He was a little all over the place at times, as was his Swiss Albanian partner, however he did some things very well and his weighted pass to Welbeck was perfect.

Much bigger test of their learning curve next weekend with messers Fabregas, Bakayoko and Kante.

This ^^^^^^^^

Indeed. I can further verify that there was indeed a mixture, but more cheers than boos. I stood up and loudly expressed disbelief that people were booing ("Why are people booing") and a bloke in front (whom my immediate neighbour referred to as a 'Northern Monkey') said "Why do you think? Because he wanted to leave". I shook my head an retook my seat.

Sunday Times???

He was a little all over the place at times, as was his Swiss Albanian partner, however he did some things very well and his weighted pass to Welbeck was perfect.

Much bigger test of their learning curve next weekend with messers Fabregas, Bakayoko and Kante.
    We were basically playing a front four four much of the first half, with one in midfield. Chelsea will have fun with that.

I love that bit south of Ullswater. We stopped at that hotel for coffee. If you carry on a bit further down the road it becomes remarkably isolated, doesn't it? Past Sandwick, where, if you ran out of tea, your nearest option would be to saddle a horse and take the bridleway to Patterdale. I'd love to rent a house there for a while, completely cut off from the world. Well, I say 'for a while', I mean, 'forever'.
    Yes, I saw that. There's a sort-of miniature version of Hardknott Pass as well on the way, which was an unexpected bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Indeed. I can further verify that there was indeed a mixture, but more cheers than boos. I stood up and loudly expressed disbelief that people were booing ("Why are people booing") and a bloke in front (whom my immediate neighbour referred to as a 'Northern Monkey') said "Why do you think? Because he wanted to leave". I shook my head an retook my seat.
    It will have been a one-off, a statement of anger and annoyance. Not entirely sure what his crime is all the same. Footballers leave football clubs. Perhaps these boo people were new to the game.

The summer and transfer window are over and behind us so best just move on and make the best of a bad scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I don't think many thought that, red. Not outside of the Arsenal TV crew, anyway.

I do think an awful lot of people found more evidence that we'll lose to all the top sides, though. And that those games are unlikely to be close affairs. And to be fair, there is plenty of evidence over the past few years to think that that is correct, the 4-0 battering aside.
    Of course, that's right. Despite this though, many have attributed all our regular top four finishes to fortunate acts of God, rather than the more plausible idea that we are in fact a very good side.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."