Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Much better performance. I put it down to the lack of an

That was there reaction to you taking your seat c

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    In the paper they said it was a mixture of cheers and boos. And people called him fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    I was at a first birthday party, h, where I got so battered I slept all day yesterday and still feel pretty sketchy.

Sub-optimal behaviour.

In the paper they said it was a mixture of cheers and boos. And people called him fat.
    In fairness, it was one of his former coaches that called him that. Something about he (Alexis) and some teammate or other overdoing things a bit recently whilst on holiday.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Was the cherry comment deliberate? If yes
    Only realised after I'd typed it.....so, sort of

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yes, we're a decent side really but the trouble with losing 4-0 is that weak people imagine it means you're going to lose every game 4-0.
    Though as Liverpool got smashed it made thing things are not so bad.
    Plus Stoke gave United a tough time too.

How was your trip, a? You suffered a little weather, I believe? Is n fully recovered from her tumble?
    She's still a bit sore around the knee, thanks, but basically she recovered very quickly. The weather varied between light rain and heavy rain but we still managed to get up on the tops on a couple of days and bag the six targets around Troutbeck. Scouted out next next place to stay too - probably Howtown Hotel on the south of Ullswater.

I may have been somewhat optimistic in my assessment the other week that we might get some more summer in September.

I thought you were getting bugled up? One of the reasons I never touch it* anymore is I can't sleep for two days and day number three is a crushing, dark come-down

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    I thought you were getting bugled up? One of the reasons I never touch it* anymore is I can't sleep for two days and day number three is a crushing, dark come-down
    I lucked out, actually, but getting fired into the champagne at 11 am, so when I was supposed to pop out and collect the stash I was far too pissed to drive. Saved by my lack of willpower

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Though as Liverpool got smashed it made thing things are not so bad.
    Plus Stoke gave United a tough time too.
    Exactly. #BestLeagueintheWorld
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    She's still a bit sore around the knee, thanks, but basically she recovered very quickly. The weather varied between light rain and heavy rain but we still managed to get up on the tops on a couple of days and bag the six targets around Troutbeck. Scouted out next next place to stay too - probably Howtown Hotel on the south of Ullswater.

I may have been somewhat optimistic in my assessment the other week that we might get some more summer in September.
    I love that bit south of Ullswater. We stopped at that hotel for coffee. If you carry on a bit further down the road it becomes remarkably isolated, doesn't it? Past Sandwick, where, if you ran out of tea, your nearest option would be to saddle a horse and take the bridleway to Patterdale. I'd love to rent a house there for a while, completely cut off from the world. Well, I say 'for a while', I mean, 'forever'.