Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Much better performance. I put it down to the lack of an

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    :monty:

No
    Wellbz hit it first time right in the far corner
    On the contrary Monty's style would be more to try put forth a suggestion of technical fault with the finish.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Aren't we in danger of playing the statistics here, rather than the game? I've always been far more irritated about dropping points against teams "we ought to beat".

You are correct in that respect however, we should also acknowledge that, when we play the top team, it isn't so much the defeats that we suffer, it is the manner of them. This is what tends to irritate most people.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Actually, our recent Leicester City mantra, coupled with our repudiation of FFP, is a positive step, in that regard. It could finally be an appreciation that it's the players we have, playing properly, that's going to win us the league, rather than 100 million pound signings.

Not that this is actually news to anyone, of course, but we have rather allowed ourselves to get carried away with the influence of money lately, haven't we

Hasn't that always been the case. No, wait, that has definitely been the case for the last few year.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    On the contrary Monty's style would be more to try put forth a suggestion of technical fault with the finish.
    Monty's style would have been to comment on those saying Arsenal are in a crisis by pointing out we are only a point behid Spurs and Liverpool
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    You are correct in that respect however, we should also acknowledge that, when we play the top team, it isn't so much the defeats that we suffer, it is the manner of them. This is what tends to irritate most people.
    The same boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg, as the man said
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I suspect the man may have had a couple of beers before coming up with that. NTTAWWT

RIP Red.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I suspect the man may have had a couple of beers before coming up with that. NTTAWWT
    Ah, yes. I see. The German version of the parable also includes a coffee bean.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    RIP Red.

It's the Classics. It's not my fault you didn't actually finish school

Well, Richie Richardson refused to tamper with his bowling attack to take unhelpful conditions into account, arguing that as professionals, there's no such thing as unhelpful conditions; they demand to play every game and they still had to perform and do their jobs and win regardless of the conditions, or even the opposition.

Caddick to bowl Caddick length, if you will.