Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Much better performance. I put it down to the lack of an

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    It will have been a one-off, a statement of anger and annoyance. Not entirely sure what his crime is all the same. Footballers leave football clubs. Perhaps these boo people were new to the game.

The summer and transfer window are over and behind us so best just move on and make the best of a bad scenario.
    According to the press though, we (the Arsenal Football Club) have been briefing, off the record, of course, against Alexis for a while now. In the interests of the greater good, of course.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Of course, that's right. Despite this though, many have attributed all our regular top four finishes to fortunate acts of God, rather than the more plausible idea that we are in fact a very good side.
    Apart from when we play the top sides away from home. In recent years, with a few exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I also noted that Ramsey's display was described as 'masterful'.

Fine, fine footballer, young Aaron.
    Masterful against one of the worst teams in the league, appalling and substituted at halftime against Liverpool.

Yup, I'd say that sums up Ramsey pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Apart from when we play the top sides away from home. In recent years, with a few exceptions.
    Aren't we in danger of playing the statistics here, rather than the game? I've always been far more irritated about dropping points against teams "we ought to beat".
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Little run out for Alexis...should be fine for 90 minutes vs Cologne while we rest Welbeck

Same with Laca and Giroud

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Ox being around.

and playing the new fellas in their proper positions and having 2 actual real centre backs.

We'll be fine this year if Sanchez plays like he can we will have **** loads of goals with him and Lacazette.

He will link up perfectly with the new fella. who's name I can't pronounce yet.

....and the lack of worthy opposition tbf. Bournemouth were the perfect opponents for us.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Aren't we in danger of playing the statistics here, rather than the game? I've always been far more irritated about dropping points against teams "we ought to beat".
    It's more irritating but probably less consequential when it comes to winning the league, 6 pointers and all that.

Not that anyone with an active brain pattern thinks that we have any intention of winning the league, of course.

I still find it staggering that there has been as little consternation as there has been about us turning a profit in the transfer window while - allegedly - intending to catch teams that finished ahead of us and are spending 100mil+.

Apathy, I suppose, we've been here too many times to care.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    It's more irritating but probably less consequential when it comes to winning the league, 6 pointers and all that.

Not that anyone with an active brain pattern thinks that we have any intention of winning the league, of course.

I still find it staggering that there has been as little consternation as there has been about us turning a profit in the transfer window while - allegedly - intending to catch teams that finished ahead of us and are spending 100mil+.

No point really, or at least nothing to be gained from it. Apathy, yes.

Our perceived best player wants to leave, one midfield injury has now left us with backup consisting of two players both of whom we were willing to allow leave the club in the summer and in defence have a player who apparently both wanted to leave the club and also the club were more than happy to facilitate as they were unhappy with his form since joining.

I believe the term is “not ideal” however best to just stumble through until January. It is just a pity and clearly a PL vendetta against us that we cannot play Bournemouth each week.

We both know that come next May we are likely to finish somewhere between positions 3-6 which is about correct when all is taken into account.

I'm not sure. Our squad has enough potential and the only real bone of contention would seem to be this defensive midfield creature people want. But, to pinch your phrase, there is plenty of evidence over the past few years to think that Wenger doesn't actually care for such an individual anymore. Unless you believe He really only just noticed the absence of Gilberto Silva in the team right at end of the last transfer window

Masterful against one of the worst teams in the league, appalling and substituted at halftime against Liverpool.

Yup, I'd say that sums up Ramsey pretty well.

He is fine as long as the game is one where we are in such command that his rightful place is hovering around the final third. Its only where a game demands a degree of positional responsibility, awareness and, dare I say it, actual midfield play, that he becomes an utter liability. In other words, this coming week at Chelsea.

Any other manager would change the central midfield for the Chelsea game. Wenger will pick Xhaka and Ramsey as long as they are fit and we know exactly what will happen.