Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Fascinating stuff, this; could be that Wenger finally wants to start

Fascinating stuff, this; could be that Wenger finally wants to start

twisting Stan's arm for more transfer cash after all

"Freedom to investment for people like the Chinese or Americans who want to invest here? Why not? If you want to remain the best league in the world, that is certainly the way we have to go."

It's like I always say, money has principles, and even a conscience, all of its own. FFP was really never anything but banter anyway.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    twisting Stan's arm for more transfer cash after all

"Freedom to investment for people like the Chinese or Americans who want to invest here? Why not? If you want to remain the best league in the world, that is certainly the way we have to go."

It's like I always say, money has principles, and even a conscience, all of its own. FFP was really never anything but banter anyway.
    Yes, I thought there was a touch of the "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" to Arsene's comment there. Obviously Stan won't give us a cent but maybe he'll sell up to a slaver state or someone who has managed to nick all the mineral resources of a country and we'll be able to waste even more money on average players.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Yes, I thought there was a touch of the "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" to Arsene's comment there. Obviously Stan won't give us a cent but maybe he'll sell up to a slaver state or someone who has managed to nick all the mineral resources of a country and we'll be able to waste even more money on average players.
    Right. "Keep Football Out of My Money" will continue to be Stan's watchword, you feel.

Still, it was a little impertinent, insolent, from Veng, considering His boss' firmly-stated views on the matter.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."