Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Yo suckers, weekend plans?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Hmm if I have a kid hopefully it will be a son. At least I can buy some toys or video games that might interest me.
    I went on Toysrus the other week. It's the same stuff as when I was a kid just different versions.
    Well said, P. I understand daughters are a nightmare for their fathers, especially eldest, firstborn ones.

For a start, your whole life up to that point becomes irrelevant. I mean, with boys, you can take them to the hockey and the rugby and the pub; you can read them the Iliad and take them to opera festivals in Italy. You can go shooting and coursing and you can take them to war with you or go hunting for buried treasure in the Caribbean and marlin fishing in Miami. Basically, they are a small version of you, with the same interests and temperament.

Daughters, on the other hand, you don't have the time or the imagination or the patience for, which is essentially why women's football/cricket/rugby etc. was invented. What they really need is to spend most of their time with their mothers, doing girly things like playing with Barbie dolls and skipping ropes and going shoe-shopping.

But raising kids is at least a two man job so, of course, you will also want to contribute, be a "good dad", whatever that may be. But, as I say, whatever you know, whatever you are interested in, is immaterial, if not actually harmful; at best, boring and pointless, so far as they are concerned. Even with your best efforts and with the best will in the world, they will find you dispositionally tedious and unimaginative.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    If the man wishes to eat baby food like some sort of sexual deviant, sw, who are we to judge?
    Creamed cabbage is a perfect accompaniment to venison.

What you and Charles know about food I could fit on the head of a pin, and no mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    10 caricatures.
    Your mum, then Sunday your dad

Sorry Pat
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Bacon sarnies
    Daughters lacrosse game
    My hockey game
    Listen to Arsenal as they drop points
    Venison with chocolate sauce and creamed cabbage and a bottle of Barolo
    Armagnac
    Sleep on the couch
    Sleep in my bed
    Hangover
    Few pints and plate of chips in my local
    Afternoon nap
    NFL, NFL and more NFL
    Who you got, bro? It's quite the lineup, between Seattle - Green Bay, Dallas - Giants, Tennessee - Oakland, etc.