Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have been drinking cider quite a lot lately.

I have been drinking cider quite a lot lately.

This is probably not a wise course of action, long-term, as I've noticed that, as with heroin, the more you drink it, the greater a resistance you build up and before you know it, you're the sort of person who thinks nothing of drinking pints of 9.5% scrumpy, have no teeth and find yourself saying 'Arrrrrr' to mean 'Yes'.

No. Best to knock it 'pon the head. Shame, as I've become rather fond of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    This is probably not a wise course of action, long-term, as I've noticed that, as with heroin, the more you drink it, the greater a resistance you build up and before you know it, you're the sort of person who thinks nothing of drinking pints of 9.5% scrumpy, have no teeth and find yourself saying 'Arrrrrr' to mean 'Yes'.

Unless it's served in a plastic milk carton, I'll have no truck with it. Well, I'll consider it if it's half and half with Pils. And maybe a shot of black.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Unless it's served in a plastic milk carton, I'll have no truck with it. Well, I'll consider it if it's half and half with Pils. And maybe a shot of black.

I cant drink or take anything anymore. I tried at the weekend and still feel dreadful even now.

Never, ever again. And this time I mean it.

Everyone loves it out here in the sticks. There seems to be a cider festival every weekend.

How good were our Irish, bat-catching friends, btw? Every time I watch it I find something new to laugh at. Today it's the fact that 'Derry' is wearing football shorts and knee-length socks.

Everyone loves it out here in the sticks. There seems to be a cider festival every weekend.

How good were our Irish, bat-catching friends, btw? Every time I watch it I find something new to laugh at. Today it's the fact that 'Derry' is wearing football shorts and knee-length socks.
    "It's funny because it's true!" has never been truer.

"The dog's pissing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I cant drink or take anything anymore. I tried at the weekend and still feel dreadful even now.

I'm going to try the merest smidge of bugle tomorrow. Well, I say the merest smidge, in order to ensure that I don't overdo it I've only ordered 7g. So that should work out fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

I went to The Wine Society's Cellar Showroom the other day with my old man. We tasted rather too much, spent far too much and then came gone and drank far, far too much 14% Burgundy.

I drank no more than two glasses last night before retiring. That's how bad it was.

"It's funny because it's true!" has never been truer.

"The dog's pissing!"
    "Mammy, the dag's had a fright and pīssed himself! Sure how would you blame him? And you outside the door!"

I have never had much truck with cider, even as a teenager when it was the done thing I was not a fan.

I recall buying litres of the stuff from a farmer at my formative Glastonbury Festival, 1989. That did not end well.

These days when the occasion arises, perhaps a nice summer barbecue, I may partake of 4-6 cans of Bulmers but never otherwise.

* Actually I have been known to snaffle Mrs SW's bottle of Stella cidre when the well is dry, 2am on a sunday morning thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I have never had much truck with cider, even as a teenager when it was the done thing I was not a fan.

I recall buying litres of the stuff from a farmer at my formative Glastonbury Festival, 1989. That did not end well.

These days when the occasion arises, perhaps a nice summer barbecue, I may partake of 4-6 cans of Bulmers but never otherwise.

* Actually I have been known to snaffle Mrs SW's bottle of Stella cidre when the well is dry, 2am on a sunday morning thing.
    You'll like this, sw. These are your people.

http://mashable.com/2017/09/05/bat-i.../#oFENH82xkOqK