Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: City to make final offer of £20m in January

City to make final offer of £20m in January

Deal?

It should cover Wenger's severance package and all the Europa League flights and hotels.

Seeing that the club don't view transfer funds in the same way as everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Deal?

It should cover Wenger's severance package and all the Europa League flights and hotels.

Seeing that the club don't view transfer funds in the same way as everyone else.
    I imagine this will be item 2 on the agenda for when Sanchez and Wenger meet later today.

You give us 100% from now to Xmas and we let you go in January.

Then again, he could sit out Jan-June and pocket the £20m himself.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I imagine this will be item 2 on the agenda for when Sanchez and Wenger meet later today.

He'll probably just ignore Sanchez and the whole issue. Then be genuinely surprised when the whole thing flares up again in December.

I think he can't actually play for Manchester City in January, can he. He can merely sign for them and then continue playing for us until the Summer?

glwtpimo, although Alan Smith did it. Even played for Leicester City at Highbury against us, after we'd signed him and loaned him back to them. Both sets of supporters singing his name, as he recalls it on FIFA.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I think he can't actually play for Manchester City in January, can he. He can merely sign for them and then continue playing for us until the Summer?

glwtpimo, although Alan Smith did it. Even played for Leicester City at Highbury against us, after we'd signed him and loaned him back to them. Both sets of supporters singing his name, as he recalls it on FIFA.
    Of course he could play for them... if they give us enough cash and AW gets his finger out and signs a replacement in time
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

He can play for them if he signs there and then, may even get himself PL winners medal in the process. Might even be able to play CL for them. Not sure on that.
    Last edited by SWv2; 09-07-2017 at 10:12 AM.

Might even be able to play CL for them. Not sure on that.
    He can apparently, despite playing for Arsenal in the UEFA Cup.
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.

He can play for them if he signs there and then, may even get himself a CL winners medal in the process. Might even be able to play CL for them. Not sure on that.
    CL players can play in EL, and the same in reverse. So unless City get knocked down to the EL he can sign and play in Europe for them

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    CL players can play in EL, and the same in reverse. So unless City get knocked down to the EL he can sign and play in Europe for them
    OK, thanks. I thought the "last six months of contract" thing applied to players going abroad.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

OK, thanks. I thought the "last six months of contract" thing applied to players going abroad.
    He can't sign a pre contract with an English club in Jan, only with a foreign one