Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ladies and gentlemen, I give you 'the left'

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yeah, but it's Italians at the end of the day. How bad can they get? To be really nasty, they'd have to put the hours in and be properly organised and that was never gonna happen.
    They could overcook the pasta.

Imagine gloopy pasta

Of course not. I'm not buying the sanctions thing, though, since the alternative means of bringing unpleasant regimes to heel is war - take your pick. You could more justifiably point the finger at those children's government, which preferred them to die than to do what was necessary to stop them dying.
    Sanctions is a kind of warfare. "Submit or die". ISTR that what Iraq had to do to avoid the sanctions included not owning any weapons of mass destruction. Same as it had to do to avoid being destroyed in war. Saddam was a badass but what followed has been worse, and it is repeated elsewhere with similar effects. And it turns out that many of those oppressed by Ba'athists in Iraq and Syria turned out to be headchoppers after all.

To my mind those responsible for what is now a couple of million deaths in the endless wars from the US death machine (and its henchmen) could well be described as unpleasant regimes. Someone might want to bring them 'to heel'.

Yeah, but it's Italians at the end of the day. How bad can they get? To be really nasty, they'd have to put the hours in and be properly organised and that was never gonna happen.
    They know how to organise a defence, b.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    They know how to organise a defence, b.
    It's true, isn't it? Their football is completely antithetical to their archetypal national character. One assumes it's because all the big clubs are northern Italian (i.e. not really Italian).

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    They could overcook the pasta.

Imagine gloopy pasta
    The swine. The inhuman swine.

It's true, isn't it? Their football is completely antithetical to their archetypal national character. One assumes it's because all the big clubs are northern Italian (i.e. not really Italian).
    They take it far too seriously, that's why. As though it's a duty or work or something. The Germans are the same, of course.

Really, it's only us who do the thing properly.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."