Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Potatoman done for drink driving.

Potatoman done for drink driving.

Stopped at 2 am.

The thing is, if you call the Feds at 2 am because you've been burgled, precisely fúck nothing will happen, because they 'lack resources'. However, there's plenty of resource to pick on a lad enjoying an honest half pint at the end of the working day, or investigate hate crimes on twitter.

I used to have soem respect for the police. I am afraid they have lost this.

A friend of mine who is a conspiracy theorist assures me this has been happening all the time whilst he was at Yanited but has been kept under the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    A friend of mine who is a conspiracy theorist assures me this has been happening all the time whilst he was at Yanited but has been kept under the cover.
    He'd be in jail for multiple DUIs, wouldn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He'd be in jail for multiple DUIs, wouldn't he?
    That sounds very American Sir C.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    That sounds very American Sir C.
    I'm feeling quite American this afternoon. I might have to watch a 'Nam movie tonight. :marlboroinhelmetband:

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    A lot of talk that he's done more than the odd session in rehab

Stopped at 2 am.

The thing is, if you call the Feds at 2 am because you've been burgled, precisely fúck nothing will happen, because they 'lack resources'. However, there's plenty of resource to pick on a lad enjoying an honest half pint at the end of the working day, or investigate hate crimes on twitter.

I used to have soem respect for the police. I am afraid they have lost this.
    Surely those of Irish extraction are allowed a higher blood-alcohol level than other ethnicities, though? Drinking heavily is not merely part our culture, it's in our DNA. Not to recognise this fact about us is RACIST!

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Surely those of Irish extraction are allowed a higher blood-alcohol level than other ethnicities, though? Drinking heavily is not merely part our culture, it's in our DNA. Not to recognise this fact about us is RACIST!
    Even aside from that, what sort of utter cad passes a breathalyser at 2 am anyway? You'd have to have stopped drinking at 8, or something. The idea of it.

Even aside from that, what sort of utter cad passes a breathalyser at 2 am anyway? You'd have to have stopped drinking at 8, or something. The idea of it.
    I remember once thinking I was done for when driving a friend back from a night out at 3 in the morning and a copper appeared in my rearview mirror. I was driving a Skoda at the time and wonder if I got away with it because he thought I was a taxi.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I remember once thinking I was done for when driving a friend back from a night out at 3 in the morning and a copper appeared in my rearview mirror. I was driving a Skoda at the time and wonder if I got away with it because he thought I was a taxi.
    I must say rtfp's brought me up with something of a round turn...