Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Can we still sell players abroad if their windows are not closed? I suspect they

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Because my initial fear was about being on the plane and desperately wanting not to be.

I continue to fly because I have to for work and because I've learned to manage my fears - if not eliminate them.

I would argue that - by its very nature - there is no such thing as a sub-conscious decision.
    B, do you ever get nervous going out to bat?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    B, do you ever get nervous going out to bat?
    What a question! Although I think I can see why you'd ask it. Good one.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Actually, you're the first person to feign outrage.

In the same way as you castigate others for refusing to accept their their heroes might have made a dud album, you might be doing something similar in not acknowledging that the great man had one or two fairly average days in the office.
    Not at all. He had **** games. He had quiet games. He was never quite at his best for a few games when coming back from an injury or suspension.

He missed that ****ing penalty against United. He didnt use his left foot as much as he could have done.

Still.... he was a genius. He was technically one of the greatest footballers of all time and the best I ever saw. He could spot and hit a pass that our current 'world class players' bungle every week and he could judge angles and speed in a split second. He was an incredible footballer. Genuinely incredible.

He was also partial to giving a defender a smack if they took the piss.

People like Sanchez and Ozil should bear this in mind when they strut around the Emirates. We were lucky enough to see a clutch of genuine world class players play every week 10-15 years ago. We know what it looks like.

It ain't you two. Wont be nobody crying when you leave and you ain't getting a statue.

Pair of ****s.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    What a question! Although I think I can see why you'd ask it. Good one.
    The point is that things that means something to you should challenge you, and things that challenge you should make you nervous.

However, nerves and fear are not the same thing. Nerves are natural, fear is the consequence of failing to deal with them.

You should be nervous going out to bat. Anyone who isn't is a bit of a weirdo.

Right. It's like walking onstage.

The point is that things that means something to you should challenge you, and things that challenge you should make you nervous.

However, nerves and fear are not the same thing. Nerves are natural, fear is the consequence of failing to deal with them.

I don't get that. If you can actually bat, what are you nervous about?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

in that sense, yes. In others I suspect not.

Not at all. He had **** games. He had quiet games. He was never quite at his best for a few games when coming back from an injury or suspension.

He missed that ****ing penalty against United. He didnt use his left foot as much as he could have done.

Still.... he was a genius. He was technically one of the greatest footballers of all time and the best I ever saw. He could spot and hit a pass that our current 'world class players' bungle every week and he could judge angles and speed in a split second. He was an incredible footballer. Genuinely incredible.

He was also partial to giving a defender a smack if they took the piss.

People like Sanchez and Ozil should bear this in mind when they strut around the Emirates. We were lucky enough to see a clutch of genuine world class players play every week 10-15 years ago. We know what it looks like.

It ain't you two. Wont be nobody crying when you leave and you ain't getting a statue.

Pair of ****s.
    That's all rather nicely put actually.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I don't get that. If you can actually bat, what are you nervous about?
    The fact that the guy at the other end can actually bowl...

You might get out and then you have basically wasted your day.

I imagine it's a bit like carrying the swag out of a bank you've just robbed; you simply do not know what the situation outside that front door is going to be.