Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Can we still sell players abroad if their windows are not closed? I suspect they

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Dennis.

Yeah, you'd better ****ing hide.

Disgrace!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Yeah, you'd better ****ing hide.

Disgrace!
    Actually, you're the first person to feign outrage.

In the same way as you castigate others for refusing to accept their their heroes might have made a dud album, you might be doing something similar in not acknowledging that the great man had one or two fairly average days in the office.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Why do you imagine any of this is about garnering sympathy? I don't want sympathy, but a little empathy might be nice.
    Good luck with that.

What do you think think this place is? A nest of simpering lefties offering to understand each other's 'feelings' rather than contemptuously stamping all over them sensing the gleeful opportunity of a spot of one-upmanship?

Well, you can have some empathy from me. I'm not frightened of flying, I just hate it. Not for the planey bit so much (I love the take-off), but for the queues and delays and discomfort and inconvenience. I am frightened of heights though. Even walking over a bridge on the Thames makes me queasy. So next week I'm off to indulge my hobby of climbing up and down mountains. Mental.

Good luck with that.

What do you think think this place is? A nest of simpering lefties offering to understand each other's 'feelings' rather than contemptuously stamping all over them sensing the gleeful opportunity of a spot of one-upmanship?

Well, you can have some empathy from me. I'm not frightened of flying, I just hate it. Not for the planey bit so much (I love the take-off), but for the queues and delays and discomfort and inconvenience. I am frightened of heights though. Even walking over a bridge on the Thames makes me queasy. So next week I'm off to indulge my hobby of climbing up and down mountains. Mental.
    I'm not very good with heights but you don't get feelings of vertigo in an aeroplane because of the lack of a connection between the aircraft and the ground. That's a fact, apparently. Having said that, I've never been comfortable above 7 or 8,000 ft in a light aircraft; the sky feels too big, somehow, and it's hard to light your fag.

Where are you mountaining? I've got 3 weeks until Snowdonia...

Quote Originally Posted by world's end stella View Post
    i went through a period where i struggled with public speaking. But i found it easy enough to resolve by simply assuring myself that a fear of speaking in public is irrational, because it is.

Hey presto issue went away.
    is that why you fÚcking bellow like that?

Because my initial fear was about being on the plane and desperately wanting not to be.

I continue to fly because I have to for work and because I've learned to manage my fears - if not eliminate them.

I would argue that - by its very nature - there is no such thing as a sub-conscious decision.
    Aeroplane. Aircraft also works. Flying machine, if you want to be old-fashioned. 'The jet', if you're the pilot of same.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I'm not very good with heights but you don't get feelings of vertigo in an aeroplane because of the lack of a connection between the aircraft and the ground. That's a fact, apparently. Having said that, I've never been comfortable above 7 or 8,000 ft in a light aircraft; the sky feels too big, somehow, and it's hard to light your fag.

Where are you mountaining? I've got 3 weeks until Snowdonia...
    Far Eastern fells again. Lots of empty triangles on the wall chart to fill in over there. Staying in this place:

Snowdonia is ok, I thought, but a little bit second division compared t'Lakes. Nice but not wow. And full of welshers of course, speaking their pretend language when they think someone can hear them.

Because my initial fear was about being on the plane and desperately wanting not to be.

I continue to fly because I have to for work and because I've learned to manage my fears - if not eliminate them.

I would argue that - by its very nature - there is no such thing as a sub-conscious decision.
    Yes, there is. You can call it "environmental genetics".

All the other stuff is perfectly fair enough, imo. But my old man paid our boarding school fees by listening to well-off north London luvvies and flakes and lushes endlessly witter on about their worries and troubles, despite the fact that, with his background, their tales of woe naturally appalled him to the core
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Far Eastern fells again. Lots of empty triangles on the wall chart to fill in over there. Staying in this place:

Snowdonia is ok, I thought, but a little bit second division compared t'Lakes. Nice but not wow. And full of welshers of course, speaking their pretend language when they think someone can hear them.
    Nice. I'm jealous.

Mind you, the house we've rented is actually halfway up a mountain and has no TV, phone, internet or mobile phone connection, so it might be pleasingly isolated.

Good luck with that.

Well said, A. It's the only language we really understand.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."