Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we still sell players abroad if their windows are not closed? I suspect they

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Back in the day we were used to having a playmaker who drifted in and out of games and was only peripherally involved, so we forgave him everything and simply admired the twiddly bits.
    Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    That's fair enough, f. He is, in effect, an old-fashioned trequartista, which is a beast rare in the modern game. Back in the day we were used to having a playmaker who drifted in and out of games and was only peripherally involved, so we forgave him everything and simply admired the twiddly bits.
    The hard graft of the rest of the team allowed Charlies Nicholas and George to do their stuff
    Our flimsiness only helps to expose how luxuriant Ozil is
    ie goes missing
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I feel he'd have been a great player for us in a better team - if that makes any sense.

He needs players around him who are on his wavelength. I fear we don't have enough who are.
    Yes, players like Cristiano Ronaldo.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Dennis.

I was thinking further back really, of Brady and Hoddle and Currie and Bowles and so on. But your point is valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Dennis.

Dennis was never a luxury, A, for any side he ever played for. He scored over 300 goals.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I feel he'd have been a great player for us in a better team - if that makes any sense.

He needs players around him who are on his wavelength. I fear we don't have enough who are.
    I think his limitation is his lack of personality. The truly great 10s would drag a team up with them by force of will. Mesut is liddle bit leemp.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yes, players like Cristiano Ronaldo.
    No
    Cristiano is a goalscorer supreme in his own right

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    No
    Cristiano is a goalscorer supreme in his own right
    I was being sarky, V.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I like those.
    I like ceiling fans too
    Their silence beguiles me

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Dennis was never a luxury, A, for any side he ever played for. He scored over 300 goals.
    That game at Old Trafford in the league in 98; the Overmars goal, when we knew it was on... Dennis went missing that day