Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Not a bad window overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    We could've done with another midfielder but our squad is decent otherwise. We managed to keep our two "world class" players, added two good players and got rid of quite a lot of ********s. Now all we need to do is go back to the old formation and play the best players in their proper positions.

Next summer we're ****ed though.
    As has been the case before I think it is a B-, good but could and should have been better.

The last week or so was a fúcking circus and the manner in which Sanchez has been made stay is surely not ideal for either party.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    As has been the case before I think it is a B-, good but could and should have been better.

The last week or so was a fúcking circus and the manner in which Sanchez has been made stay is surely not ideal for either party.
    That B- rather generous imo. Our midfield has not been strengthened. Weakened, one might even argue, in terms of numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    That B- rather generous imo. Our midfield has not been strengthened. Weakened, one might even argue, in terms of numbers.
    Yes possibly or indeed probably.

Yesterday, if we are to believe the sequence of events as told, was a bit of a balls up. I am of the personal opinion that keeping a disenchanted player is not healthy.

Alexis will be fine, I think.

But regarding other areas of the team, imagine if we had a real football genius of a Sporting Director working alongside Wenger; a Capello, say. Or Monty. And he knew fully well that Wenger was in charge of tactics, selection and preparation, would he even bother trying to strengthen the squad? Surely he'd just accept that simply buying more and better players wouldn't actually change anything, wouldn't he? He'd just pocket his bonus share of the surplus cash and keep quiet.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Yesterday, if we are to believe the sequence of events as told, was a bit of a balls up. I am of the personal opinion that keeping a disenchanted player is not healthy.
    A farce, really. If the players really wanted AS7 gone as has been reported there is a case for selling, but the inevitable shítstorm required a big replacement. Obviously just the three months to sort that out wasn't quite enough.

Yes possibly or indeed probably.

Fear not. All we need do is stay in touch until Christmas, when the return of Wilshere and Cazorla will give us the push we need to complete the run for the title :champions:

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Alexis will be fine, I think.

But regarding other areas of the team, imagine if we had a real football genius of a Sporting Director working alongside Wenger; a Capello, say. Or Monty. And he knew fully well that Wenger was in charge of tactics, selection and preparation, would he even bother trying to strengthen the squad? Surely he'd just accept that simply buying more and better players wouldn't actually change anything, wouldn't he? He'd just pocket his bonus share of the surplus cash and keep quiet.
    Perhaps players brought in outside of AW's choice are the ones that get ignored, shunned and rejected whether they are any good or not. I don't see them in training every day blah blah but Perez and even Campbell didn't strike me as being any worse particularly than the rest of the little shít****s that banter us off with regular awayday thrashings.

Alexis had agreed terms with City, passed his medical and did a photo shoot in a City top...him and City were just waiting for the Lamar deal to go through.

He's going to be useless for the next month or so while he processes and vibes to terms with what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Fear not. All we need do is stay in touch until Christmas, when the return of Wilshere and Cazorla will give us the push we need to complete the run for the title :champions:
    I have no doubt we shall recover however I think we have perhaps fallen further behind than we ended last season, albeit with 2 additions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    A farce, really. If the players really wanted AS7 gone as has been reported there is a case for selling, but the inevitable shítstorm required a big replacement. Obviously just the three months to sort that out wasn't quite enough.
    I'm not sure it's a good idea to allow the players to pick the team in any case.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."