Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Huge enormous LOL (as kids say)

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    That's my point really; I don't think He could as, for too many people, it's simply too late for that.
    Of course it isnt. It is just he would need to change what he does and I don't think anyone really believes that is ever going to happen.

If we won the league I think most fans would start to forgive him

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    If we won the league I think most fans would start to forgive him
    Of course, but they'd still want Him out.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Of course, but they'd still want Him out.
    Some, but nobody would listen to them.

The point is it isn't going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Some, but nobody would listen to them.

The point is it isn't going to happen
    No, you say you've made up your mind that not selling Sanchez is stupid. Yet if He did sell him, especially to a rival, that could clearly be seen as stupid too. After all, how is He supposed to win the league without His best players.

So, He's damned if He does and damned if He doesn't. As I say, it's too late.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

win the league

You are right though in that he is damned whatever he does.

No, you say you've made up your mind that not selling Sanchez is stupid. Yet if He did sell him, especially to a rival, that could clearly be seen as stupid too. After all, how is He supposed to win the league without His best players.

So, He's damned if He does and damned if He doesn't. As I say, it's too late.
    Maybe we actually learned something from the RvP fiasco? That selling your top goalscorer to your rivals at the end of the transfer window doesn't make much sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

You are right though in that he is damned whatever he does.
    If He'd been in the job for twenty days, everyone would give Him the benefit of the doubt. He's actually been about for rather longer than that though

If He'd been in the job for twenty days, everyone would give Him the benefit of the doubt. He's actually been about for rather longer than that though
    Naive African defending from an old pro
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Maybe we actually learned something from the RvP fiasco? That selling your top goalscorer to your rivals at the end of the transfer window doesn't make much sense?
    For a while now, there's been far more money about than players you want. P was trying to say, I think, that no matter how much money Wenger does or doesn't have, the way we play will not change.

For a while now, there's been far more money about than players you want. P was trying to say, I think, that no matter how much money Wenger does or doesn't have, the way we play will not change.
    Oh, sure. But I'm simply defending the decision not to sell Sanchez. I wish we'd done similar with players in the past.