Huge enormous LOL (as kids say)

Not enough time to sign Lemar.

Only the 3 months.

Glad it's over anyway, silly.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Only the 3 months.

Lots of people are giving Mourinho credit for getting all their incoming transfer business done early in the window, sw...yet all Wenger gets is abuse for doing exactly the same
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.

Only the 3 months.

I think the Lemar thing was all bull**** to be honest. The reports from France are that we didn't even make a bid and just floated the idea to Monaco but they were adamant they weren't selling him. The British press tried to spin it that we bid £92m and the bid was accepted but we decided to withdraw the bid because there wasn't enough time to get the deal done. As i said, sounds like complete *******s.

We seem to have taken most of the blame on the back pages but i'd say City are just as much to blame. They waited until the last two days of the window to put in their first bid when he was clearly their main target for this transfer window. If they had bid £60m a month ago he probably wouldn't be here now. It was ridiculous from all involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    I think the Lemar thing was all bull**** to be honest. The reports from France are that we didn't even make a bid and just floated the idea to Monaco but they were adamant they weren't selling him. The British press tried to spin it that we bid £92m and the bid was accepted but we decided to withdraw the bid because there wasn't enough time to get the deal done. As i said, sounds like complete *******s.

We seem to have taken most of the blame on the back pages but i'd say City are just as much to blame. They waited until the last two days of the window to put in their first bid when he was clearly their main target for this transfer window. If they had bid £60m a month ago he probably wouldn't be here now. It was ridiculous from all involved.
    Agreed. Maybe we didnt even seriously consider selling Sanchez either. That is, in my opinion, incredibly stupid, but there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Agreed. Maybe we didnt even seriously consider selling Sanchez either. That is, in my opinion, incredibly stupid, but there you go.
    Wenger cannot win then, in that case.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Wenger cannot win then, in that case.
    He has been proving that for years.

Only the 3 months.

It's stupid to have the transfer window close after the main leagues have already started imo. Why don't they just close it on Aug 1st instead?

Only the 3 months.

I think the LOL is that we spent all summer trying to sign him only for him to tell us to take a run and jump. This is assuming the reports from yesterday are true
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    He has been proving that for years.
    He could win be doing a better job
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    He could win be doing a better job
    That's my point really; I don't think He could as, for too many people, it's simply too late for that.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."