Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I can understand the sentiment that we should let Sanchez goes if he wants to leave,

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    but forcing a player to stay for one more year after they agitate for a move has been standard practice in football for years.

Most notably, it happened with Ronaldo at Man Utd and it happened with Suarez at Liverpool and both of them performed superbly in their final seasons in order to help secure their dream move.

So I think fans who are wishing we'd sold him are projecting their own feelings of misery and doom, when if they were thinking more rationally their overriding feeling would be relief that we've managed to keep one of the best players in the world for an extra season.
    Absolutely. Those two you mention were far greater losses, footballistically, than losing Alexis would be to us.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    It's all about not being, so to say, pvssy-assed f*ggots. Give them an inch and they take a yard. Look at North Korea.

Sanchez = Kim Jong Un.
    both love their dogs way too much. ..albeit for different reasons

Stop being a total and utter bell end
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by bbrian View Post
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by bbrian View Post
    wd
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    but forcing a player to stay for one more year after they agitate for a move has been standard practice in football for years.

Most notably, it happened with Ronaldo at Man Utd and it happened with Suarez at Liverpool and both of them performed superbly in their final seasons in order to help secure their dream move.

So I think fans who are wishing we'd sold him are projecting their own feelings of misery and doom, when if they were thinking more rationally their overriding feeling would be relief that we've managed to keep one of the best players in the world for an extra season.
    Right. Sometimes you have to stand up and make a point. Bloody right!

Unfortunately this point is undermined slightly when you then try and sell that player on the last day of the season only for it to fall through because you cant convince a replacement to join you or, even more laughably, claim you dont have time to sign that replacement when you have had an entire summer to sort this out and have been bidding for that replacement throughout it.

As pointed out by others, this has cost us 60 million quid. Its fine to put football first but next summer our best two players are going to walk out the door for nothing, we will lose Jack and Per plus have a host of other players in the final year year as Sanchez and Ozil are currently. With no money coming in, how are we going to sort that lot out?

This is just a horrendous bungling of the situation. To compare it two far better players who went on to be sold for a small fortune is just rubbish. And you know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Right. Sometimes you have to stand up and make a point. Bloody right!

Unfortunately this point is undermined slightly when you then try and sell that player on the last day of the season only for it to fall through because you cant convince a replacement to join you or, even more laughably, claim you dont have time to sign that replacement when you have had an entire summer to sort this out and have been bidding for that replacement throughout it.

As pointed out by others, this has cost us 60 million quid. Its fine to put football first but next summer our best two players are going to walk out the door for nothing, we will lose Jack and Per plus have a host of other players in the final year year as Sanchez and Ozil are currently. With no money coming in, how are we going to sort that lot out?

This is just a horrendous bungling of the situation. To compare it two far better players who went on to be sold for a small fortune is just rubbish. And you know it.
    I have a theory of what might happen now. We offer the pair of them ridiculous wages (i'm thinking £350k a week) with acceptable release clauses inserted into their contracts (£25m Ozil, £40m Sanchez). That way they pocket an extra £10m for this year and can still get their moves next year without us losing out. From their point of view they're taking a risk that may or may not pay off. Were they to break something or tear an ACL midway through the season they can kiss goodbye to their fat contracts. I think this is the way the club should approach it. If they just let them run the contracts down without attempting that they're ****ing stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    I have a theory of what might happen now. We offer the pair of them ridiculous wages (i'm thinking £350k a week) with acceptable release clauses inserted into their contracts (£25m Ozil, £40m Sanchez). That way they pocket an extra £10m for this year and can still get their moves next year without us losing out. From their point of view they're taking a risk that may or may not pay off. Were they to break something or tear an ACL midway through the season they can kiss goodbye to their fat contracts. I think this is the way the club should approach it. If they just let them run the contracts down they're ****ing stupid.
    I was thinking about exactly that. Its the smart move for both parties. We could also insert in the clause that they cant go to Liverpool, just for a laugh.

I am just not convinced the club are capable of doing it. I am not sure they are capable of doing anything

I think this could happen as well

I fear we may lose Joel Campbell on a free as well.