Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I can understand the sentiment that we should let Sanchez goes if he wants to leave,

I can understand the sentiment that we should let Sanchez goes if he wants to leave,

but forcing a player to stay for one more year after they agitate for a move has been standard practice in football for years.

Most notably, it happened with Ronaldo at Man Utd and it happened with Suarez at Liverpool and both of them performed superbly in their final seasons in order to help secure their dream move.

So I think fans who are wishing we'd sold him are projecting their own feelings of misery and doom, when if they were thinking more rationally their overriding feeling would be relief that we've managed to keep one of the best players in the world for an extra season.

Except those players werent in tbe last year of their contract and gone for nothing at the end of the season

Quote Originally Posted by devongunner View Post
    Except those players werent in tbe last year of their contract and gone for nothing at the end of the season
    But we're keeping him in the hope that he repays us in kind for the lost transfer fee by propelling us back to 4th placed glory

I know that feels like a far-fetched ambition right now, but it's hardly beyond the realms of possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    But we're keeping him in the hope that he repays us in kind for the lost transfer fee by propelling us back to 4th placed glory

I know that feels like a far-fetched ambition right now, but it's hardly beyond the realms of possibility.
    It's all about not being, so to say, pvssy-assed f*ggots. Give them an inch and they take a yard. Look at North Korea.

Sanchez = Kim Jong Un.

I can't understand when people who argue that we should give priority to football over money then go on to argue in the Sanchez case that we should forget the football and take the money.

but forcing a player to stay for one more year after they agitate for a move has been standard practice in football for years.

Most notably, it happened with Ronaldo at Man Utd and it happened with Suarez at Liverpool and both of them performed superbly in their final seasons in order to help secure their dream move.

So I think fans who are wishing we'd sold him are projecting their own feelings of misery and doom, when if they were thinking more rationally their overriding feeling would be relief that we've managed to keep one of the best players in the world for an extra season.
    Yes, but we've walked away from trousering 60m quid and perhaps risk encouraging further discord among the players.
    It remains to be seen how Sanchez will apply himself in this final year of his contract. Judging from his body language V Liverpool, it's anyone's guess.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Yes, but we've walked away from trousering 60m quid and perhaps risk encouraging further discord among the players.
    It remains to be seen how Sanchez will apply himself in this final year of his contract. Judging from his body language V Liverpool, it's anyone's guess.
    I offer exhibit A, Dimitri Payet, as evidence.......

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    I'm just saying, it's incredibly common for a key player who wants out to be told they can leave the following summer. In Sanchez's case, the blow is also likely to be softened by the huge golden handshake he'll receive in the absence of a transfer fee.

Unless of course he gets injured for most of this season.

OK, let's do this:

Your mum's blow was softened by the huge golden shower she received in the absence of a fee. Phew!

I'm just saying, it's incredibly common for a key player who wants out to be told they can leave the following summer. In Sanchez's case, the blow is also likely to be softened by the huge golden handshake he'll receive in the absence of a transfer fee.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."