Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 20 years ago today the worst week in this country's post-war history began.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Its an illusion that binds together badly designed branches of government and state. It does its job and saves us from having some ghastly elected head of state.
    The monarch seems terribly overworked, poor thing. Why is she not allowed to retire? Is it because that insufferable príck would be next?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Its an illusion that binds together badly designed branches of government and state. It does its job and saves us from having some ghastly elected head of state.

Of course, if you want a head of state, a written constitution, a disestablished Church of England then it is a significant barrier.
    Yes, but what sort of a cùnt would want those things?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    The monarch seems terribly overworked, poor thing. Why is she not allowed to retire? Is it because that insufferable príck would be next?
    There's language now!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    There's language now!
    To be fair, while I will obviously be loyal and bend the knee to him because of what he represents, I will struggle ever to muster any affection for Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    To be fair, while I will obviously be loyal and bend the knee to him because of what he represents, I will struggle ever to muster any affection for Charles.
    Oh I quite agree, but referring to our next King using the c word seems to me the act of a scrub.

Oh I quite agree, but referring to our next King using the c word seems to me the act of a scrub.
    Would he not let the young lad take over, William?

Nobody really wants to look at that mutt Camilla while the other is relatively a fox.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Nobody really wants to look at that mutt Camilla while the other is relatively a fox.
    I don't know really. But he's been itching to have a go for years and years. I suspect he's desperate for a taste of the top job.

I bet that Kate smells lovely

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

No, sw. That's not how a hereditary monarchy works. The clue's in the name.

Mind you, I am very struck with young Kate. I suspect she's sexually voracious.

To be fair, he called him a prick, which begins with p.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    No, sw. That's not how a hereditary monarchy works. The clue's in the name.

Mind you, I am very struck with young Kate. I suspect she's sexually voracious.
    Can you not step aside?

Mind you as King he could make a royal order to allow himself have a go on Kate and then step aside. Perks etc.