Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 20 years ago today the worst week in this country's post-war history began.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    You can understand people who go with mates and make a day of it for the bantz, but there were often people who seemingly went alone, with nothing but their home-made sandwich and compact disc player for company. I guess it got them out of the house

I used to travel a lot with Maputo Gooner. He had some serious, serious flatulance issues
    I never met him, but he always struck me as an overly-serious young man. The flatus makes him seem more human, if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I just remember sitting at the bar staring into my pint as we lost.

la would have all the details to hand, of course.
    Where is la? Has he gone on holiday or something?

Did you know this issue of Private Eye, released soon after she'd died, was banned by most stores around the UK because it referenced the car? Literally, that was the reason. Not a picture of the car, just a reference.

932_big.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I just don't understand the mindset. But try and express the view that you really didn't care that much at the time and you had a good chance of getting punched. It was weird.

You can understand people who go with mates and make a day of it for the bantz, but there were often people who seemingly went alone, with nothing but their home-made sandwich and compact disc player for company. I guess it got them out of the house

I used to travel a lot with Maputo Gooner. He had some serious, serious flatulance issues
    He had some serious social skills issues. I met him once, at Cardiff when I gave him a cup final ticket. He barely managed to mumble a thank you before scuttling off.

Weirdo.

Where is la? Has he gone on holiday or something?
    Probably on a trip with Kraft Durch Freude.

He had some serious social skills issues. I met him once, at Cardiff when I gave him a cup final ticket. He barely managed to mumble a thank you before scuttling off.

Weirdo.
    To be fair, he was probably holding in a giant fart.

Hang on, you sorted him a Cup Final ticket and he didn't basically fall at your feet upon meeting you?

That is not just weird, but rude!

Did you know this issue of Private Eye, released soon after she'd died, was banned by most stores around the UK because it referenced the car? Literally, that was the reason. Not a picture of the car, just a reference.

932_big.jpg
    Yes. I bought it. It also had a bit inside headlined 'That's the way the Mercedes Benz', which made me laugh a great deal.

Basically, much of the issue was taken up by them juxtaposing the vicious things columnists had said about Diana the week before with the lachrymose bollöcks the self-same columnists came up with after her death. It was a welcome relief from all the bullshït at the time.

Weirdo.
    Did you at least make him pay for it?

Yes. I bought it. It also had a bit inside headlined 'That's the way the Mercedes Benz', which made me laugh a great deal.

Basically, much of the issue was taken up by them juxtaposing the vicious things columnists had said about Diana the week before with the lachrymose bollöcks the self-same columnists came up with after her death. It was a welcome relief from all the bullshït at the time.
    Hitchens of the Peter variety is quite interesting on Diana here (written yesterday)

http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co....na-affair.html

Did you at least make him pay for it?
    Well, face value, yes; the thing being that I'd got the one at face value, but needed two together, which I bought for £600, so I should have charged the ungateful little shít £300.