Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 20 years ago today the worst week in this country's post-war history began.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Manyoo. 2005. You know, during that period. :shudder:

Right. The break-up the Invincibles. A sad time.

Oh, hang on, that's not what you mean, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Right. The break-up the Invincibles. A sad time.

Oh, hang on, that's not what you mean, is it?
    Not exactly, no

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I was at that game. I remember ranting on the journey home about how Ray Parlour was the weak link in the team and if he was a regular starter we'd have no chance of winning anything.

Nigel Winterburn was also on my shítlist too, for some reason.

This is my Nicosia moment, isn't it
    I was ragging on Vieira at the time. He always gets sent off, he's a liability! Get rid! I was 8 though

Not exactly, no
    All a long time ago now, though. Spilt milk under the bridge and all that.

Was he guffing along in agreement?

You need to explain more about the flatulence. Was it the sheer volume or quality of the farts that was the real problem?

For the record, the sort of person who farts in a car with passengers is lower than whale shít. I used to have to travel with a fat northern salesman who took great delight in saying 'Can you smell that? Fresh bread!', so you'd take a deep lungful, only to discover to your horror that he'd just sneaked out a particularly disgusting fart.
    I think it was involuntary. I think he had an actual 'problem'

It's why I didn't complain too much. To be fair, it was still less offensive than Micky's verbal emissions.

God I hated Micky. I sincerely hope he's dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I think it was involuntary. I think he had an actual 'problem'

It's why I didn't complain too much. To be fair, it was still less offensive than Micky's verbal emissions.

God I hated Micky. I sincerely hope he's dead.
    Irritable bowel or colitis or what have you? I once went to a job interview with a chap who suffered similarly. He kept having to go out to fart loudly. Difficult to bring your interviewee A game in a situation like that.

Allow me to refresh your memory

I remember being rickrolled, I'm not clicking on that!

Irritable bowel or colitis or what have you? I once went to a job interview with a chap who suffered similarly. He kept having to go out to fart loudly. Difficult to bring your interviewee A game in a situation like that.
    It's what originally turned me off The Eagles' Hotel California. "Warm smell of colitis/Rising up through the air..."

It's what originally turned me off The Eagles' Hotel California. "Warm smell of colitis/Rising up through the air..."
    This whole thing has got very bowel-centric. WES has just talked us through the 'massive' bowel movement he plans to unleash upon his (presumably) loving family as soon as he arrives home.

The MD let one go as I sat down for an interview for my last permanent job. I assumed he was testing me to see if I'd hold my nerve, but moments later he excused himself and dashed off to the toilet. Weirdly, it had the effect of removing all my nerves as I instantly felt fundamentally superior to him, simply for being able to keep control of my bowels in public.